Shabby Chic is always a fun style to use in Card Making. When I see a sketch or a challenge theme, I usually immediately get an idea in my head that I can use as a jumping point. Not today. LOL. I couldn't think of a thing! So…I just looked at the cards I've been creating and realized I haven't done anything in Wisteria lately so that's where I began. I wanted buttons and bows for a couple of challenges and spring and Easter for a couple of other ones. Paper Flowers are always a nice addition to any Paper Crafting Project so I threw in a couple of those. Whaddya think?
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2" x 4-1/4". Score and fold at 4-1/4". Distress the edges with a Distress Tool.
- Cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder Cardstock 5-3/8" x 4-1/8". Run through the Big Shot in a (TH) Embossing Folder. Run a Silver Encore Pad gently over only the raised portion of the embossed cardstock. Distress the edges with a Distress Tool.
- Cut a piece of Silver Designer Vellum 5-3/8" x 4-1/8". Cut it at an angle and adhere to a piece of Wisteria Cardstock cut the same size as the vellum using Vellum Adhesive.
- Adhere the Wisteria Wonder/Vellum piece to the front of the card using Sticky Strip only on the bottom and right side to create a pocket.
- Cut a piece of Smoky Slate Cardstock 2" x 4" and use the Scallop Tag Topper Punch to create the decorative tag edge. Sponge and distress the edges of the entire tag.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 1-3/4" x 3-3/4" and pass through the Big Shot in the Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (retired). Gently pass a Wisteria Wonder Ink Pad over the top of the raised portions of the cardstock. Distress the edges and adhere to the tag.
- Stamp "Happy Easter" from the Delightful Dozen Stamp Set in Wisteria Wonder Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Tear around the greeting, sponge the edges with Wisteria Wonder Ink and a Stampin' Sponge and adhere to the tag with Glue Dots.
- Slip the tag into the "pocket" that you've created with the Vellum and Cardstock.
- Run a piece of White Satin Ribbon (retired) down the side of the embossed Wisteria Wonder piece of cardstock and adhere to the back using Glue Dots.
- Adhere the entire Wisteria Wonder piece to the Whisper White card using a strong adhesive, like Sticky Strip.
- Tie a double bow (See Video of How to Tie a Double Bow Using Your Fingers HERE.)
- Adhere a strip of Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons across the top of the Vellum using Glue Dots.
- Punch out Wisteria Wonder Cardstock using the Fancy Punch – 2 times. Use your Bone Folder to "work" the cardstock to break the fibers in the cardstock and you will begin to see the papers separating. Gently pull the paper apart which will give you 2 flowers for each punch. This is the "Faux Suede" Technique.
- Stack the flowers on top of each other and poke a hole in the center using a Paper Piercing Tool. Insert a Brad to keep the flowers together.
- Spritz flowers with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz Spray and "smoosh" together until you're happy with the result.
- Adhere a Vintage Faceted Designer Button in the center of the flower using Glue Dots. Adhere the flower to the bottom corner of the Vellum.
- Punch 3 flowers from the left over Faux suede flower pieces using the Flower Punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. Layer 3 of them on top of each other using Glue Dots. Put a Rhinestone Basic Jewel in the center and fluff them up a little. Attach to the tag with Glue Dots.
- All Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted. Shop Here.
Simon Says Stamp/Anything Goes With Buttons
Simon Says Stamp/Transparent
Fussy and Fancy/Shabby Chic
Eureka Stamps/No Square Cards
4 Crafty Chics/Spring
Aud Sentiments/Easter or Spring
Divas By Design/Buttons and Bows
Craft Hoarder's Anonymous/Sparkle,Glitz or Glam (Shimmer Spray on Flower)
613 Avenue Create/Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations/Anything Goes
Crafty Hands/Shabby Chic
The Shabby Tea Room/Bits and Bobbles
Brown Sugar Challenge/#87 Easter
Crafty Girls/Anything Goes
Crafting for all Seasons/No Designer Paper
Left of Center/Ribbon and/or Flowers
Inspiration Journal/Splash of Color
Little Red Wagon/Bling It Up
Creative Moments/Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts/Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday/Anything Goes
Crafts and Me/Anything Goes