It seems strange that the moment Thanksgiving ends, it feels like Christmas! It helps that there’s snow on the ground and Christmas Music playing on the radio. I’m not sure I’m quite ready for all that but I know it’s definitely time to start making Holiday Cards!
Designer Series Paper is a great way to create beautiful cards without having to work too hard. The base is just Whisper White Cardstock cut in half and then scored in half. All is Calm DSP was used along with Silver Glimmer Paper to create a very shiny Bright & Beautiful Christmas Card!
- Card Base – SU! Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, Scored and folded at 4-/4″
- Whisper White Cardstock 5-1/4″ x 4″ with two different patterns from the All Is Calm Designer Series Paper Pack cut 4″ x 2-3/8″ and adhered onto the card stock.
- A 4″ x 3″ piece of Silver Glimmer Paper was adhered on top of the patterned paper.
- The greeting from SU!’s Bright & Beautiful Christmas Stamp Set was stamped in Versamark Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and embossed with a mixture of Silver Embossing Powder and Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder. (Use an Embossing Buddy to remove any static from your card stock before stamping.)
- Once the greeting was embossed, it was cut out using a Magnetic Platform (on sale NOW) along with a Deco Label Framelit (#3). The bottom edge of the design was trimmed off.
- The greeting was adhered to the Glimmer Paper with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A piece of Silver Satin Ribbon was attached to the front of the card front and secured behind using Glue Dots. A double bow was tied using the “How to Tie a Bow using your Fingers” Technique (See the Video HERE) and attached to the card front with Glue Dots.
- TH’s Paper Snowflakes Alterations Dies were used to cut a snowflake from a scrap of All Is Calm DSP. It was attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A metal Snowflake Embellishment was attached to the snowflake with a Glue Dot.
- The card front was adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love how you can see the light hitting the glimmer of the paper in the photo above! It makes for quite a shimmery Bright & Beautiful Christmas Card!
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – Holiday Cards
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous – Celebrate the Season
613 Avenue Create – Anything Goes
Curtain Call – Inspirational Photo Below