This month, it is my distinct honor and pleasure to be Guest Designing at Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous! I am so inspired by the creative artists who share their talents through blogging and challenges. I feel like I’m “Runnin’ with the BIG dawgs” today! The theme for the Challenge is Happy Fall Y’all: “Many of us like to purchase NEW seasonal products EVERY season. What happens to last year’s fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving products? We HOARD them! Drag out those hoarded fall-themed items and make a project to share with us! You can make something for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or any other fall or harvest celebration!” The challenge also fits for Simon Says Stamp’s “O” Challenge because Hall-O-ween is in October! So…here’s my Halloween Card using last year’s “stuff!”
It’s hard to see but there’s lots of shimmer on this card. The finished card was sprayed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray and the paper flowers and embossed sections of the border piece were painted with Tattered Angels Glimmer Spray.
- The base card is SU! Elegant Eggplant Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ – Scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- The old Halloween Patterned Paper (Wicked Fun Specialty Designer Series Paper -SU! Retired) was cut 4″ x 5″ for the top layer and 4-1/8″ x 5-1/8″ for the green layer.
- The SU! Darling Doily Thinlets Die was used in the Big Shot to cut the doily from a piece of Manila Cardstock that was colored by added Distress Stains (TH) to a Craft Sheet – Dusty Concord and Crushed Olive – and then spritzing the card stock with water and dragging it through the Inks and Heat Setting.
- The Stamp is from the SU! Toxic Treats Stamp Set (Retired). It was inked with Stampin’ Write Markers in Elegant Eggplant and Basic Black and stamped onto Vellum.
- Window Frame Framelits Die Cuts were used to cut out the greeting and an Elegant Eggplant border. The border piece was then embossed with SU!’s Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder. The raised portions of the embossing was painted with Coffee Shop Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
- TH’s Crinkle Ribbon was dyed using Distress Stains – Dusty Concord, Crushed Olive and Black Soot. The bow was tied using the “How to Tie a Double Bow using your Fingers” Technique. You can see a VIDEO HERE.
- The Paper Flowers were created by punching Scallop Circles and layering them on top of each other. (You can see a VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE.) The edges of the Paper Flowers were painted with Coffee Shop Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.
- The entire card was spritzed with SU! Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray.
Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous – Happy Fall Y’all
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – “O” is for…
Crafting by Designers – “Boo!” You Scared me