An Announcement, a Zebra and a Stencil. Yup! That's what this blog post is about! I almost named it: "It's a Jungle Out There" but, frankly, after creating all morning, it's a Jungle IN HERE! LOL! So, first the announcement:
I will be announcing a SPECIAL GIFT FOR MY EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS on Monday! This is ONLY available to my Email Subscribers. You still have time to join. Simply add your name to the Email Sign-Up Box (in the upper left corner) so you won't miss out! Now…about that Zebra….
I LOVE animal prints! I have them in my house and in my clothes closet…and now…on my card! The challenge I started with for this card was Embossing. I didn't want to just do a card with regular embossing so I got a little crazy and created my own stencil. (Sounds way more impressive than it is.)
So, I started with a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and tore across in strips. I then took a piece of Colored Cardstock (because it's a little heavier) and put it in my Paper Trimmer. I cut out the MIDDLE of the cardstock - leaving about a 1/2" border all around. I reassembled the torn paper and attached it to the sides of the "frame" that I cut out.
Using my Versamark Ink Pad, I sponged through the template and poured Black Embossing Powder on it and heated it with my Heat Tool. It is then layered onto a piece of Basic Black Cardstock and then onto a Whisper White Card.
The Zebra is from the Zoo Review Stamp Set. I stamped it in Versamark Ink and embossed it with Black Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool. I punched out the Zebra using a 2 1/2" Circle Punch. I then layered that onto a piece of Basic Black Cardstock that was cut using the Circles Framelits (the #5-if you count from the OUTSIDE in) and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine using Stampin' Dimensionals. The grass under the Zebra was colored in using a Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker and a Blender Pen.
There are THREE ribbons on this card – Whisper White Organza Ribbon with Black Taffeta Ribbon over it and then a piece of Silver 1/8" Metallic Ribbon on top of the that. The greeting is from the Express Yourself Hostess Stamp Set and is stamped in Jet Black Stazon Ink. Finally, the card was finished off with a few Rhinestone Basic Jewels. All Supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my ONLINE STORE. 😀
- Whisper White Cardstock #100730
- Basic Black Cardstock #126975
- Zoo Review Stamp Set W#128769 C#122199
- Jet Black Stazon Ink #101406
- Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker (Regals Collection/10 Marker Set) #131262
- Blender Pen (Set of 3) #102845
- Versamark Ink Pad #102283
- Black Embossing Powder #109133
- Heat Tool #129053
- Express Yourself Hostess Stamp Set W#130336 C#130339
- 2 1/2" Circle Punch #120906
- Circle Collection Framelits #130911
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine #113439
- Big Shot Magnetic Platform #130658
- Whisper White Organza Ribbon #114319
- Basic Black Taffeta Ribbon – Retired
- Silver 1/8" Ribbon #132137
- Rhinestone Basic Jewels #119246
- SNAIL Adhesive Refill #104331
- Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
- Glue Dots #103683
- Paper Trimmer #126889
- Bone Folder #102300
- Whisper White Medium Envelopes #100730
- Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650