Did you miss me? Yikes! I’ve had some weird Vertigo-like flu this whole week! It’s crazy when even the most mundane tasks are difficult. It was unnerving, to say the least but I’m kinda back and very happy to be creating again. Thanks for hanging in there with me. 🙂
Today’s project is a Monochromatic Card with Paper Flowers. I love, love, love Monochromatic Cards. They’re so soothing and simple. I also love Designer Series/Patterned Paper because it takes all of the work out of Crafting. A little bling and a few Paper Flowers take the card right up to the next level. I’ve listed instructions for the Paper Flowers but, if you’re a Visual Learner, you can see a Video HERE.
- Attach a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the base card.
- Layer a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Something Borrowed Designer Series Paper onto the White Cardstock.
- Choose 2 more coordinating patterns of the Something Borrowed DSP and cut the first one to 2″ x 3″ and layer onto a 2-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ Whisper White Cardstock. Cut the other to 2″ x 2″ and layer onto a 2-1/8″ x 2-1/8″ piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Adhere both to the card front.
- Cut SU! Crumb Cake Cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Paper to 1-1/4″ x 4″. Put it in the Paper Trimmer and cut from 1/2″ down to the opposite corner. Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp “Just Because” from SU!’s A Dozen Thoughts Stamp Set in Early Espresso Ink onto the DSP and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Use the Pansy Punch to punch out 3 Whisper White flowers. Use a Bone Folder to “work” the papers to break down the fibers. You will see the paper begin to separate. Gently pull them apart and stack 6 of the flowers on top of each other, pierce a hole in the center with a Paper Piercing Tool and insert a 1/8″ Silver Mini Brad to hold them together. Scrunch each layer of the flower toward the center and then manipulate into the desired shape. Attach to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Use the Petite Petals Punch to punch out 4 Whisper White Flowers. Repeat the above process layering only 4 flowers to create 2 small flowers and attach to card front.
- Brush the edges of the flowers with a b and sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.
- Use an Alcohol Marker to color Rhinestone Basic Jewels and attach to the card front.
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – In the Middle (Focal Point)
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – April Showers or Spring Flowers (Paper Flowers)
MojoMonday393 – Sketch