Gold is sooooo hot right now! I love Gold and Glitter so I used both on this Happy Birthday Card with Glittered Paper Flowers. There are so many fun metallic products that it makes it easy to create it without much effort.
Paper Flowers always take a project to the next level so I began with those.
- Use SU!’s Pansy Punch to punch out 3 Whisper White Flowers and SU!’s Petite Petals Punch to punch out 4 Whisper White Flowers.
- If you have a Corrugator, run the flowers through a couple of times. (If not, you’ll have to “work” the flowers a little longer.)
- Use a Bone Folder to break down the fibers in the paper and cause it to separate. When the papers begin to separate, gently pull them apart to create two flowers for every punch. You can see a VIDEO for HOW TO MAKE A PAPER FLOWER HERE.
- Stack 6 large flowers on top of each other and use a Paper Piercing Tool to poke a hole in the center. Use a 1/8″ Silver Mini Brad to hold the layers together. Scrunch each layer toward the center and smush together. Gently separate until you create the desired shape. Repeat with the smaller punches by layering 4 flowers together.
- Run 2-Way Glue along the edges of the flowers and dip into Gold Glitter.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and score at 4-1/4″.
- Layer a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Gold Fancy Foil Vellum onto a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Attach a 1″ x 4-1/2″ piece of Gold Glimmer Paper onto the Vellum.
- Attach the post card to the case card using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday To You” from SU!’s Tag Talk Stamp Set in Gold Encore Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and Emboss with Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Attach to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Banner Cut the edge of a piece of Whisper White 5/8″ Satin Ribbon and attach to the card front.
- Attach the Paper Flowers to the project using Glue Dots.
Inspiration Emporium – Spring Blooms
Mojo390 – Sketch