It’s no secret that I love Coffee, Craft Metal and My Friends! For today’s Dazzling Diva Challenge, I combined those things to create a card using the Mood Board below for inspiration. This card is another example of how using your scraps can save lots of time and effort. Many of these pieces were “left-overs.” The Silver Craft Metal pieces are just the back side of other colors – so I never run out of those!
Alcohol and Ink Backgrounds on Specialty Stamping Paper are one of my most favorite creations. This piece was tossed aside for “another day” because it wasn’t dramatic enough for center stage but it makes an interesting base for my coffee cup. (You can see other examples HERE, HERE and HERE.)
- The Coffee Cup from SU!’s Perfect Blend Stamp Set was inked with Black Archival Ink and stamped onto the Alcohol Background/Specialty Stamping Paper and Heat Set. (Inks takes a looooooong time to dry on SSP) The Coffee Cup was then fussy cut.
- The top of the Coffee Cup was stamped a second time onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and just the lid was cut out. It was attached over the first lid with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The base card is SU! Real Red Card Stock cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored and folded at 5 1/2″
- SU!’s Hardwood Background Stamp was inked in Early Espresso Ink and Stamped onto a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Crumb Cake Card Stock.
- AALD’s Scarlet Red Craft Metal was used along with SU!’s Confetti Heart Border Punch to create tiny hearts which were attached to the Coffee Cup with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- A Sweetheart (Heart) Punch was used to cut a Scarlet Red Craft Metal Heart which was attached to a White piece of Craft Metal that was embossed with the Happy Hearts Embossing Folder. The heart was popped up with Stampin Dimensionals.
- A smaller WHITE Craft Metal Heart was punch with the Heart Punch from SU!’s Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and attached over the Scarlet Red Metal Heart with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Heart Punch from SU!’s Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack was used to punch out a small Scarlet Red Craft Metal Heart which was layered over an embossed Silver Craft Metal Heart that was punched using the Sweetheart Punch. The Happy Heart Embossing Folder was used with the Big Shot. That piece was layered onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.
- The hearts were attached to an embossed piece of Silver Craft Metal using Stampin’ Dimensionals. That piece was layered onto a small piece of Whisper White Card Stock and attached to the front of the card.
- “Happy, Happy Birthday” from SU!’s Amazing Birthday Stamp Set was inked in Real Red Ink and stamped onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool. It was layered onto a piece of Scarlet Red Craft Metal using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A piece of Silver Craft Metal was embossed with the Decorative Dots Embossing Folder and layered onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock. The Greeting piece was layered onto the Silver Craft Metal and attached to the card front.
- Several Scarlet Red Craft Metal Hearts (punched with the Confetti Heart Border Punch) were randomly attached to the card front using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- A 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock was attached to the inside of the card. Two Scarlet Red Craft Metal Hearts were attached to the inside piece of card stock.
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Add A Little Texture (Embossing Folders)
Addicted to Stamps – Make Your Mark (Ink, Embossing, Alcohol & Ink Background)
Dazzling Diva Challenge #63 – Inspirational Mood Board Photo Below
LiaStampz Challenge #83 – Be Lovable