I love Animal Prints, I love Glitter and I love Craft Metal! Today’s card combines all three of those along with my favorite Double Bow! I used to admire them on other people’s cards but could never tie them properly. Then, someone showed me how to tie a double bow using my fingers and now…I put them on everything! (You can see that video HERE.) The Technique used on this card is called the “Double Glitter Technique” – (even though I used 3 different glitters on this one). Click here to subscribe to my mailing list for exclusive samples.
- The base card is SU! Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- The Craft Metal Sheet was cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and then adhered to a Sticker Sheet.
- The Sticker Sheet Backing was peeled off. IMPORTANT: Dina Wakely’s “Paint Lids” Stencil was covered with Versamark Ink prior to laying it onto the Sticker Sheet. The Sticker Sheet is very sticky. This step is necessary so that you can remove the stencil later. **If you are using a Metal Stencil, cover the stencil with Hawaiian Soap prior to adhering the stencil to the Sticker Sheet.
- The Stencil was put on the sticky side of the Craft Metal.
- Scattered Straw Distress Glitter was sprinkled onto the stencil and pressed into the spaces in the stencil.
- Vintage Photo Distress Glitter was sprinkled over the remainder of the stencil.
- The Stencil was carefully removed.
- Chunky Black Glitter was poured over the remainder of the Sticker Sheet.
- The Craft Metal Sheet was adhered to the base card with Score-Tape.
- A small slit was made at the top of the card to fit the 7/8″ Chocolate Organdy Ribbon through. It was adhered to the card front using Glue Dots.
- A Double Bow was tied with the same ribbon (See Video HERE)
- “Feel Better” from Sassy Salutations was stamped in Versamark Ink onto Brushed Bronze Craft Metal and embossed with Black Soot Distress Embossing Powder.
- It was cut out using a Banner Framelit and adhered to the card front using Foam Tape.
- A 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock was adhered to the inside of the card.
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
Dazzling Diva Design Challenge #41 – Inspirational Photo Below