Today’s Clean and Simple Card is a Nautical Card with a Square Knot. I have to be honest, it took me longer to tie the Square Knot than it did to make the whole card! LOL! (You Girl Scouts are probably laughing right now!;) I found a great little animated example HERE.
- The base card is a Whisper White Cardstock Skinny Card measuring 3 1/2″ x 11″ – Scored at 5 1/2″
- The next layer is 3 3/8″ x 5 3/8″ of Whisper White Cardstock.
- The strips of Patterned Paper are 3/8″ x 4 1/2″ and 3/8″ x 4 1/4″ of SU! Maritime Designer Series Paper.
- The Circles were cut using SU! Circle Collection Framelits #5 for the Night of Navy Cardstock and #6 for the Whisper White Cardstock.
- The Ship is from the Open Sea Stamp Set and was stamped in Night of Navy Ink.
- The Compass from the Open Sea Stamp Set and was stamped in Night of Navy Ink onto a piece of Whisper White Cardstock after “stamping off” to get a lighter image. It was then punched out with the Curly Label Punch.
- “Just Because” from the SU! And Many More Stamp Set was stamped over the Compass in Night of Navy Ink.
- A piece of Real Red Cardstock was punched with the Curly Label Punch which was diagonal cut and reassembled behind the sentiment.
- All of the pieces were attached to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- 4 pieces of White Baker’s Twine were stretched across the card front and secured in the back with Glue Dots.
- 2 pieces of White Baker’s Twine were tied into a Square Knot and glued to the card front.
- The card front was adhered to the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Mojo356 – Sketch