I’m a Valentine Card Making Machine! LOL! I am trying to stop but every challenge seems to require some type of romance, hearts or love – so here I am! This card incorporates quite a few challenges. For A Vintage Journey, I used almost the entire Tic-Tac-Toe Board: Idea-ology Bauble, Distress Paint, Ephemera, Texture Fade, Crinkle Ribbon, Die Cuts, and Distress Stains. You’ll also see the Shabby Chic/Vintage Style with “Romantic Roses,” for The Card Concept; “Red and Pink;” “Think Pink;” “Love is in the Air;” “How I Love Thee;” “I Heart You;” and Rock Candy Distress Glitter for the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge at cc3challenge.com. Whew! See what I mean?! Seriously though, I find creating within the parameters of multiple challenges to be far easier than trying to come up with something when I can use absolutely anything and everything.
- The base card is SU! Chocolate Chip Card Stock cut 4 1/4″ x 11″ – Scored and folded at 5 1/2″.
- Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picket Fence Distress Stains were applied to a Craft Sheet and spritzed with water.
- A piece of Manila Card Stock was “smushed” into the Stains and heat set.
- Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Inks were applied to the Manila Card Stock with Blending Tools.
- Picket Fence Distress Ink was applied to the Craft Sheet again. The Manila Background was dragged through it and Heat Set.
- The “Spritz & Flick” Technique was used to splash water onto the background. It was then heat set.
This is the finished Manila Card Stock Background.
- For the next layer, Picket Fence Distress Paint was swiped onto a piece of Manila Card Stock and heat set.
- Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar and Picket Fence Distress Stains were swiped over the Manila Card Stock and heat set.
- The piece was then passed through the Big Shot in a TH Textured Fade.
- The Manila Card Stock background piece was stamped with various TH Stamps from Mini Classics and Papillon using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and SU! Basic Gray Ink.
- All card stock edges were distressed with a Distress Tool and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- A strip of card stock from TH’s Paper Stash was distressed, inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and attached to the card front.
- Worn Lipstick and Spun Sugar Distress Stains were used to dye a piece of Crinkle Ribbon. It was then wrapped around the front of the card and secured behind using Glue Dots.
- The Embossed piece of Manila Card Stock was adhered to a piece of Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock.
- A photo from TH’s Paper Stash was cut out and adhered to a distressed piece of SU! Pink Pirouette Card Stock and then layered onto a distressed piece of Baked Brown Sugar Card Stock. It was then adhered to the front of the project.
- Two Die Cut Hearts were glittered with TH’s Rock Candy Distress Glitter – as described in his Compendium of Curiosities III Book (CC3C Challenge) and adhered to the front of the project with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The dyed Crinkle Ribbon was tied into a Double Bow using the “How To Tie A Double Bow Using Your Fingers Technique” – (SEE THE VIDEO HERE) – and adhered to the card front with Glue Dots.
- An Idea-ology Bauble was attached to the knot of the Double Bow with a Jump Ring.
- Pink Roses from SU!’s Ephemera Kit were attached to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Pearl Basic Jewels from SU!’s Ephemera Kit were attached to the center of the Pink Roses.
- Two tiny hearts punched from SU!’s Basic Gray Card Stock using SU!’s Heart Confetti Border Punch were Glittered with Distress Rock Candy Glitter and adhered to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- The inside of the card was finished with a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock.
A Vintage Journey – Tic Tac Toe – (Idea-ology Bauble, Paint, Ephemera, Texture Fade, Ribbon, Die Cuts, Stains)
CC3C #21- Rock Candy Distress Glitter- (hearts)
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge – “Think Pink”
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – Red & Pink
The Shabby Tea Room – I “heart” you – Vintage Style Distressed
Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous – How I Love Thee
The Card Concept – Romantic Roses – (Shabby Chic & Vintage)
Inspiration Emporium – Love Is In The Air
Artist Trading Post – Love is In the Air
Stamplorations – February Challenge – Stamps & Hearts