For the Dazzling Diva Challenge today, I decided to create a Love and Roses Valentine Card with Craft Metal Hearts. I really like Tim Holtz’s Tissue Paper. There are so many beautiful elements in there. It takes all the work out of backgrounds.
- Base card is SU! Basic Black Card Stock cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ – Scored at 4-1/4″.
- The next layer is Cherry Cobbler Card Stock 4″ x 5-1/4″ with a piece of TH Tissue Paper taped over it.
- A piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding is adhered to the front of the post card and adhered behind with Glue Dots. A double bow is tied using the “How to Tie a Double Bow using your Fingers” Technique (View Video HERE) and adhered to the Seam Binding with Glue Dots.
- A strip of 5/8″ Rose Ribbon Trim is adhered over a piece of Sticky Strip.
- A “Love” thinlit die was used to cut out a piece of AALD Scarlet Red Craft Metal. (TIP: Put a piece of Wax Paper between the die and the metal for easy release.) It was adhered to the card front with Liquid Glue.
- Two hearts were punched from Scarlet Red Craft Metal using the Sweetheart Heart Punch. The hearts were adhered to the post card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The postcard was adhered to the Black card front with SNAIL Adhesive.
The Cherry Cobbler Card Stock gives a great tint to the Tissue Paper. If you’d like to play along with the Challenge, the Inspirational Photo is below. Click here to subscribe to my mailing list.
Dazzling Diva Design Challenge #59 – Inspirational Photo Below