My Dad always used to say that people are terribly under-appreciated. He was so thoughtful about bringing little gifts to people who would never have expected it and I loved seeing their faces light up. That's a habit that has carried through the generations. We all do it now. Whether it's a card or a tray of cookies – we love to surprise people just to let them know they are appreciated.
For this challenge, I though I'd combine the Ombre Techique (so hot right now!) with Watercoloring (SO easy!). All supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my ONLINE STORE.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (#100730) 3 1/2" x 11".
- Score at 5 1/2".
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock 3 3/8" x 5 1/8". Use Wisteria Wonder Reinker (#122931), Perfect Plum Reinker (#102107), and Elegant Eggplant Reinker (#105222). Put a drop or two of each in the tray of the corresponding Ink Pad tray. Use an Aqua Painter (#132967) to pick up a drop of the reinker and swipe across the bottom of the cardstock working light to dark.
- Take a strip of Whisper White Cardstock and pass it through the Big Shot ((#113439) in the Decorative Dots FREE Sale-A-Bration Embossing Folder (#133520) and attach to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).
- Stamp "Thank You So Much" from Another Thank You Photopolymer Stamp Set (#133454) by lining up the individual stamps on a clear block and using the matching markers to imitate the Ombre Technique when inking – just swipe the markers across the stamps from light to dark, huff on the stamp and then stamp it onto Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use the 2 1/2" Circle Punch (#120906) to cut out the greeting
- Using the #6 Circle Framelit Die (#130911), cut out a piece of Perfect Plum Cardstock (#101889).
- Use the #3 Starburst Framelit Die (#132967) to cut out a piece of Wisteria Wonder Cardstock (#122922).
- Layer the greeting on the circle and then onto the starburst. Adhere to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Spray the card with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz Spray (#118772).
- Attach a Large Rhinestone (#129324) to the upper right corner of the card.