Many of you know how much I love Tim Holtz and Distress Inks! (It's a full-on obsession.) I participate in his 12 Tags of 2014. I really enjoy making Distressed Tags. Last month, I submitted two tags – THIS ONE and then THIS ONE. The second was chosen as one of Tim's Top Tags for the Month! I was beyond thrilled! For February, I submitted THIS TAG... but now…I just can't help myself…I needed to submit another. LOL
- Start with a Manila Tag. Put some Distress Stains on a Craft Sheet. This tag uses Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap and Milled Lavender. Swipe the tag through the inks and spritz with water to blend them. Heat the tag to dry it completely.
- Use a Layering Stencil (this one is Schoolhouse) and sponge through using three different Distress Inks to create an Ombre Look. For this tag, I used: Milled Lavender, Victorian Velvet and Dusty Concord and applied them through the Stencil using a Blending Tool.
- Immediately pour Clear Embossing Powder over the entire tag and heat set.
- Use Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a Blending Tool to darken the edges of the tag.
- Use a patterned Reinforcer in matching colors for extra effect.
- Die cut a heart (Stampin' Up! Hearts-A-Flutter Framelit Dies) and color it using Dusty Concord Distress Ink and Blending Tool.
- Cover the heart with Crystal Effects or Glossy Accents. Then, cover it with Rock Candy Distress Glitter. Allow to dry completely and then adhere to the tag using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use a border from Tim Holtz Industrious Stickers for the bottom of the tag and a little arrow to decorate the front of the tag.
- Stamp Tim Holtz's "Courage…" in Embossing Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock and pour Embossing Antiquities on top. Heat Set. When dry, run a piece of Chalk across the words to create a Chalkboard Effect.
- Mount that Black Cardstock on a piece of White Cardstock – leaving a 1/16" border. Attach to the tag using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use the same color Distress Stains on a Craft Mat and spritz Crinkle Ribbon with water. Run it through the stains, crinkle it and heat set. Attach to the tag.
- Finish the tag with Idea-Ology Trinkets.
Hope you like the tags! Leave me a comment and let me know which is your favorite! :-D