Staying with the Christmas Theme for another day here. I am LOVING the fact that Metallics are BACK! Yes – they were huge in the ’80’s – which was my era – so I’m especially thrilled to see them everywhere, including Paper Crafting Projects! Metallics really up the beauty of anything. They’re elegant and shimmery and just about irresistible. btw…You still have time for the second half of the 12 Weeks of Christmas! It’s only for my Email Subscribers! Not a Subscriber yet? Sign up HERE.
Today’s card was created for the Add A Little Dazzle Dazzling Diva Challenge using the Inspirational Photo Below. When I’m using an Inspirational Photo, I look at it for a while and then step away and create from memory. This helps me to avoid getting locked into a “literal” interpretation which blocks my mojo. 😉 I took the Gold from the Stockings and the Joy from “Peace, Joy, Love” and created this “Joy Craft Metal Star Holiday Card.”
- Base Card is SU! Very Vanilla Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, Scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- Next layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ Very Vanilla Cardstock run through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder.
- A Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon was wrapped around the post card layer and secured behind with Glue Dots.
- A 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon was adhered across the center of the Satin Ribbon and secured behind with Glue Dots. A Metallic Bow was adhered to the card front with Glue Dots.
- The Stars from SU!’s Bright & Beautiful Stamp Set were stamped in Versamark Ink on Very Vanilla Cardstock and embossed using Gold Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool. The Stars were then cut out using Star Framelits. They were adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The word “Joy” from the Wondrous Wreath Framelits was used to cut Golden Glimmer Craft Metal. The word was then embossed using the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and adhered to the card front with Glue Dots.
Dazzling Diva #51 (Inspirational Photo Below)
Virginia’s View Challenge – How to Add a Little Metallic Dazzle