Embossing Folders are a great way to give texture and style to your background. SU!’s Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder is one of my favorites. It’s elegant but not too over-the-top. I use it often when creating Wedding Cards. The Challenge at Scrapbooker PhD this week was to create a Folded or Shaped Card. This card is a Trifold with a Circle Die Cut opening that shows the Ribbon Medallion through the layers.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 5-1/2″ x 12″ – Score at and fold 4″ and 8″.
- Use the #4 Circle Framelit (Numbering from largest to smallest) and the Big Shot to cut a circle from the front panel of the card.
- Fold the card and draw a light pencil line through the cut circle to mark where the next circle should be on the third panel. Use the same #4 Circle Framelit to cut a circle from that panel so that both circles line up with each other.
- Stamp a Greeting in Chocolate Chip Ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla Cardstock and banner cut the edge using a 1″ Square Punch.
- Cut a strip of Crumb Cake Cardstock slightly larger than the greeting piece and layer the Vanilla Greeting piece onto it. Banner cut the edges of that piece as well and adhere to the front of the card.
- Stamp “for the new Mr. & Mrs.” in Chocolate Chip Ink on the center panel of the card.
- Stamp “Best Wishes” on the third panel (which will fold in) – also in Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Use Crumb Cake Seam Binding and a Jumbo Sticky Round to create a Ribbon Medallion. (You can see a Video of how to create the Ribbon Medallion HERE.) Adhere the Ribbon Medallion through the circles to ensure proper placement.
- Use Glue Dots to adhere a Vintage Faceted Button to the center of the Medallion and adhere a Pearl Basic Jewel to the center of the Button.
If you need any of the supplies used, simply click the links and place your order! They will be delivered right to your door. (Sorry…US Sales only) If you’re not signed up for the 12 Weeks of Christmas, Click HERE to Join My Mailing List. Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Scrapbooker PhD Challenge #17 – Shaped or Folded Cards