I create lots of cards and projects for this blog but this is the first one for an eBook and Contest!!! FaveCrafts is having a “Best Craft Blogger 2015” Contest. You guys get to vote for your favorite projects and all of them will be part of their new eBook. How exciting is that?! The Voting begins TODAY – and ends March 5th. I would love it if you would Check It Out And Vote!
One of the things I love most about this project is the Swarovski Crystals! Yes! I know it’s crazy but those are actual Swarovski Crystals on there! Aren’t they yummy?!
- A 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Watercolor Cardstock was embossed with Sizzix’s Playful Embossing Folder.
- Broken China Distress Ink was smushed onto a Craft Sheet and then brushed onto the surface of the Watercolor Cardstock. It was then spritzed with water and Heat Set.
- Crinkle Ribbon was dyed with Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks and adhered to the Watercolor Cardstock.
- A Triple Bow was tied using the “How to Tie a Double Bow Using Your Fingers Technique” (You can see a Video HERE) and then adhered to the card with Glue Dots.
- “It’s never too late to find out who you want to be” from Tim Holtz’s Good Thoughts Stamp Set was stamped onto the smooth side of Watercolor Cardstock in Jet Black Archival Ink and die cut using a Sizzix Kitchen Label Framelit Die. Dusty Concord Distress Ink was brushed across the cardstock.
- A second label was die cut from Eggplant Cardstock and cut diagonally. It was reassembled behind the sentiment to create a border. The sentiment piece was adhered to the cardstock using Foam Tape.
- A piece of White Shimmer Cardstock was cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored and folded at 4-1/4″ to create the card base.
- The Watercolor Cardstock was adhered to a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Eggplant Cardstock and then adhered to the White Shimmer Card.
- The card was sprayed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray.
- Little B Butterfly Stickers were attached to the card.
- Prima Bead Swarovski Crystals were attached to the card front using Glue Dots.
- Idea-ology Charms were attached to the knot in the bow with a Jump Ring.
If you’d like to Join My Mailing List, Click HERE. Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my “Best Craft Blogger 2015″ Card. I would greatly appreciate it if you would VOTE TODAY. Thanks again! 😀
Best Craft Blogger 2015
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – No Rules
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes
OH CATHY! This is Beautiful, omg!! Lovely technique and blue is my favorite color! Really gorgeous and cripes…. I’ll take those crystals in any manner; they ARE YUMMY!!! An absolutely stunning card and beautiful work; thank you for sharing! 🙂
Thank you SO much, Donna! You totally made my day! 😀
Beautiful Card and I have voted for you.
THANKS SO MUCH! I really appreciate you taking the time to do that! 😀
Such a beautiful card, Cathy! Blues & purples are my favourite colour combination, and I love how you coloured the ribbon, as well. I’m voting for your card, for sure!
Thanks so much, Deborah! That makes me happy! 🙂
Hi Cathy! Voted for you. Your card is beautiful, watercoloring is so “in” now, and I love the colors you used! Good luck!
Thanks SOOOOO much, Camille! I really appreciate it! 😀
Beyond words!!! This is gorgeous!!!
THANK YOU, Kari! 😀
GOOD LUCK!!! GREAT Work!
Thank you, Ruth! 😀
Loved your card. It is soooo pretty. You always make amazing cards!!!! Voted for you. I hope you win!!
Thanks so mud, Mary-Jane! I appreciate that! Hope all is well with you! xoxox
Gorgeous card Cathy 🙂 the embossed, watercolored background is beautiful and the bow, butterflies and gems all combine together to make a stunning card ! WOW !! 🙂
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Lols x x x
Thank you so much for the visit and the kind words! You made me smile! 🙂
I voted for you, Cathy! It was easy, since your project was definitely the finest! Hope you win!
You must have cards everywhere in your scrap space, as you make at least one every day! How on earth do you store them all?
LOL! Hi, Gloria! Thanks so much for your kind words – they truly warmed my heart! I DO make cards almost every day but I mail them out almost as soon as they are created! 😀
What a beautiful card. Had to give it my vote. Good luck.
Yay! Thanks, Betty! I appreciate that! 😀
A Beautiful Card!!!
Love, love ,love, everything about it!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you, Peggy! 😀
It’s really lovely Cathy! Have just voted. Good luck!
Thank you so much, Rhoda! I appreciate that so much! 🙂
Amazing! LOVE the colors…..Can I “BORROW” your idea? Loveee the bow!
You do great work! Good luck coming your way! You deserve it!
Thanks, Ruth! Of course! It would make me happy if this card inspires you!
Love your beautiful card. The background color and butterfly are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
Thanks so much, Meihsia Liu! 😀
Your very welcome! I give credit where credit is due! I plan on watching for you and seeing more of your work! I love the “SIMON SAYS” craft items. SO cute!! I’m going broke, I love them that much! lol
haha – I hear that, Ruth! Drop me a note when you post it, I’d love to pop over and see it.
Great card, love the colors.
Thank you, Debbie! 😀