Before I get to today’s card, I want to wish my son a Happy 25th Birthday! Wow! Where did all that time go? You can see the Birthday Card I made for him HERE.
I made this card a while ago but I was in such a Grungy phase that my cards were starting to look alike! I was thinking about Mike’s Birthday and thought about the quote I used on his card and remembered it- so I’m posting this card today in celebration of him.
- For the base card, cut SU! Crumb Cake Cardstock to 4-1/4″ x 11″ and score at 5-1/2″.
- Emboss a 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of brown Core’dinations Cardstock with TH’s Postal Texture Fade and sand the raised edges with a Sanding Tool.
- Attach a strip of Corrugated Cardstock down the side of the embossed piece.
- Wrap Black Jute String around the corrugated piece and secure behind with Glue Dots.
- Attach a piece of Filmstrip using a Mini Stapler.
- Die cut Grungeboard with TH’s Gadget Gears Bigz Die and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Cut and attach to card front.
- Spritz card front with Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain Spray.
- Stamp “Live The Life You’ve Imagined” from TH’s Life’s Possibilities Stamp Set onto a scrap of card stock in Black Archival Ink. (This was a scrap from a stamped background.)
- Die Cut with SU!’s Window Dies and trim edge. Ink edges with Distress Ink and attach to card front.
- Finish card with Idea-ology Mini Gears and Safety Pin.
- Attach to base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock to the inside of the card.