I've been procrastinating with my Glitter Card for the CC3C Challenge. They are so ridiculously talented over there that I'm a little intimidated! So, before it's too late, I created this Vintage/Shabby Chic Card. I hear from so many of you that you don't know how to create a Vintage Card using Distress Inks. You can do it! Here's an easy tutorial. Give it a try and, as Tim says: Embrace Imperfection and Enjoy the Journey!
- The base card is Stampin' Up! Baked Brown Sugar Cardstock cut 4-1/4" x 8-1/2", scored and folded at 4-1/4".
- A piece of Manila Cardstock was cut to 4" x 5-1/4".
- TH Antique Linen, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks were sponged onto the Manila Cardstock.
- The edges of the card were inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- The "Spritz and Flick" Technique was used (with water) to create the droplets.
- The TH Scrollwork Die was used to cut a strip of Chipboard. It was then inked with Spun Sugar Distress Ink.
- Attach Worn Lipstick Distress Glitter to the Scrollwork Chipboard piece according to page 56 of Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities III.
- The piece was then inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and a Blending Tool. **TIP: Instead of going back and forth into the ink pad from the glitter, smush the pad onto your craft sheet and pick the ink up from there. That will prevent the glitter from sticking to the ink pad.
- Ink the Script Background Stamp from TH Papillon Stamp Set lightly in Vintage Photo Distress Ink and press in onto the Manila Cardstock first on the left side and then on the right.
- Use Alcohol Markers to color the metal rose from TH Adornments.
- Cut a piece of Manila Cardstock to 2-1/2" x 3-1/2". Cut the edge using the TH Torn Notebook Die.
- Attach the glittered strip to the card front with a piece of Sticky Strip at the bottom.
- Smush Distress Ink Pads onto your Craft Sheet – Antique LInen, Victorian Velvet and Spun Sugar.
- Drag the Manila strip through the inks and Heat Set.
- Ink the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. (Be careful around the top.)
- Ink "Enjoy the Journey" Stamp from the TH Random Quotes Stamp Set – **TIP: To emboss using the Distress Ink, Ink the stamp in Versamark Ink first and then tap it onto the Vintage Photo Distress Ink Pad – and then stamp it directly onto the Manila Cardstock and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Use the same Distress Ink Pads to color Crinkle Ribbon and tie a bow. Attach to the "tag" using a Glue Dot.
- Cut the backing from a TH Accoutrements-Fanciful Button and attach to the "tag" with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Slip the "tag" under the glittered strip and place a couple of Glue Dots under the remaining corners to secure it, if desired.
- Attach the metal rose to the card front using Crystal Effects or Glossy Accents.
CC3C – #2 Glitter
Craft Hoarders – Metal or Glass
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – Botanicals (Metal Roses)
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Travel/Vacation (Journey)
Sparkle & Sprinkle Creative Challenge – Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder or Flock -(Glitter)
The Paper Shelter – Use a Charm (Metal Rose)
Paper Crafting Challenges – My Fave (Tim Holtz)/3
The Shabby Tea Room – Flowers or Ballons (Metal Roses)