It's Wednesday – and that means Craft Metal Sheets! I was most excited for this week's Dazzling Diva Design Challenge because I love gears! (See the Inspirational Photo Below) I couldn't wait to get started – so I went into my Studio and looked for my Gear Die…you know what's coming, don't you…Maybe the gremlins stole the die but it is nowhere to be found! Now…if you saw Yesterday's Blog Post, you're probably thinking it's under the pile somewhere but it was NOT! So…I used Idea-ology gears instead. 🙁 The Technique is called Eroded Metallic and it is from "My Boyfriend, Tim's" Compendium of Curiosities Volume III. And…yes…I know I'm a groupie/stalker. (You say that like it's a bad thing – LOL) Hey! Are you on my Mailing List? Don't miss out! Just CLICK HERE.
- Cut a piece of Stampin' Up!'s Bermuda Bay Cardstock at 4-1/4" x 11".
- Score and Fold at 5-1/2". Distress edges with Distress Tool.
- Cut a piece of Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip Cardstock (yummm) at 4-1/8" x 5-3/8". Distress Edges with a Distress Tool.
- Cut a piece of Add A Little Dazzle Brushed Copper Craft Metal Sheet at 4" x 5-1/4".
- Use Tim Holtz Distress Paint in Broken China and Peeled Paint to cover the Craft Metal Sheet. Allow to dry. (I used a heat tool – but be careful-the metal gets hot.)
- Paint with Antique Bronze Distress Paint.
- Spritz some areas with water.
- Dry the paint that does not have water.
- Lay a paper towel over the whole surface and lift.
It looks awesome on paper too!
Now…back to the card…
- Adhere the Craft Metal Sheet to the piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock using Sticky Strip.
- Adhere a Salvage Sticker (Tim Holtz-Crowded Attic) on the bottom right corner of your Craft Metal Sheet.
- Layer the gears onto each other and adhere to the metal/cardstock using a Paper Piercing Tool and Brads.
- Wrap a piece of twine around the metal/cardstock piece and tie.
- Tie the Idea-ology Key to the twine.
- Stamp "Thinking of You" from Stampin' Up!'s Express Yourself Stamp Set in Chocolate Chip Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Tear all around the sentiment.
- Sponge over the top using Antique Bronze Distress Stain.
- Apply Broken China and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to the greeting using a Blending Tool.
- Adhere greeting to the card front
- Cut a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere to the inside of the card.
A Vintage Journey/Anything Tim
Simon Says Stamp Mon Challenge/Distress
Simon Says Stamp Wed Challenge/Tag It
Dazzling Diva Challenge/#16
Crafting by Design/March Anything Goes
Left of Center/Anything Goes
Here's the Inspirational Photo – why don't you give it a whirl!