I’ve had my “grunge on” for the past week and I promised to get back to cards – so here’s a girly, frilly, flowered card for my mother. I incorporated several challenges for this one: Neglected Dies; The Sentiment as the focal point; Flower Shop; and Mother’s Day – how’s that for multi-tasking! I also tried to incorporate some of the strategies I learned in my photo-taking class at CHA this year. I’d love your feedback. 😀
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (#101650) 5 1/2″ x 11″.
- Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″.
- Cut 3 strips of Very Vanilla Cardstock 1 5/8″ x 5″. Use 3 different Embossing Folders – Beautifully Baroque (#130917), Fancy Fan (#127751) and Square Lattice (#119976).
- Reassemble onto the front of the 5 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ piece of cardstock – adhering with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).
- Wrap a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding (#120999) around the front of the embossed piece, adhering to the back with Glue Dots (#103683).
- Using Pink Pirouette Cardstock (#111351) and the Paper Doily Sizzlit L (#125592), cut a doily by running through the Big Shot (#113439). Attach to the front of the card.
- Tie a double bow from Very Vanilla Seam Binding (You can see the “How To” Video HERE) and attach to the front of the card.
- Create 3 paper flowers using Pink Pirouette Card Stock and the Pansy Punch (#130698) (See Video HERE). Attach to the front of the card.
- Stamp “For My Mother” from the Delightful Dozen Stamp Set (Wood #128547, Clear #122652) in Versamark Ink (#102283) onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder (#109129) and a Heat Tool (#129053). Punch out with the Decorative Label Punch (#120907).
- Punch out a piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock with the Decorative Label Punch. Cut in half diagonally and reassemble behind the greeting label. Attach to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the strip of pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247) to border the label. You’ll need about 2 1/2 strips.
- Use Glue Dots to “ruffle” the excess ribbon as desired.
- Attach a Large Pearl Basic Jewel (#125577) to the bottom corner of the card front.
- Spritz the entire project with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz Spray (#118772).
All supplies are Stampin’ Up! unless indicated otherwise.
Simon Says Stamp-Wed Challenge – Mother’s Day/Special Girl
Frilly & Funky/Neglected Dies
The House That Stamps Built/Flower Show
The Sisterhood of Crafters/Sentiment
Crafting by Design/Anything Goes
Left of Center/Anything Goes