I wanted to wait until I delivered my Mom’s Mother’s Day Card before posting it which is why this post is so late today. I’m loving these Smash Paper Flowers! They’re so easy to make! The Video can be viewed below or at my YouTube Channel – www.YouTube.com/StampsAndScrapbooks.
The Smash Flowers literally pop right off the card!
Beginning with the photo in the top right of the collage:
- Punch out your flowers using any Paper Punch. You will need 2 White and 1 Colored Card Stock in large and 1 White and 1 Colored Card Stock Small.
- Spritz liberally with Water and begin to Smush by squeezing each petal between your fingers. Be very careful while handling the wet flowers to avoid tearing.
- Put your finger in the center of the flower and gently push the petals toward the center.
- For the smaller flowers, just smash them together and squeeze.
- You can allow the flowers to dry or use a Heat Tool to dry them.
- You will repeat this procedure with all of the layers of your flowers.
- Once they’re dry, layer them in the order you’d like – My Smash Flowers have a Whisper White Card Stock base followed by the same size in Crisp Cantaloupe or Calypso Coral, another Whisper White and then the matching Color in a smaller flower topped by a small Whisper White Flower.
- Use a Paper Piercing Tool to make a hole through the center of your flowers and secure with a Small Silver Brad.
- Attach the Smash Flowers to your project with Glue Dots.
- This card was sprayed with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray to give it a shimmer.
- The flowers and swirls were then painted with a Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.
- The centers of the flowers have a tiny Pearl Basic Jewel added to cover the Silver Brad.
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – Coral
Addicted to Stamps – Holiday
Card Mania – Pearls and Swirls
Word Art Wednesday – Anything – Family Friendly
Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you had a great Mother’s Day surrounded by the people you love 🙂