Do you get into patterns with your Card Making? I know I do! I am in a Gold and Metal groove right now. LOL The Dazzling Divas Design Challenge today was gold so I used Gold Metal embossed with…you guessed it…the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder. I think it’s the most elegant folder in my collection – (that is current anyway). I use Very Vanilla Seam Binding a lot on my cards when I want a soft, elegant touch. (You can see a Video HERE for tying a double bow using your fingers.) There’s also a little Gold Metal Flower on here. I’ve included a photo below. ( It was created in the same way as THIS FLOWER and you can see a HOW TO VIDEO for that HERE.)
- Cut a piece of (SU!) Very Vanilla Cardstock (#101650) to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″. Run it through the Big Shot (#113439) in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (#130917).
- Spritz card with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist – Guilding Gold.
- Cut a strip of Gold Craft Metal Sheet (Add A Little Dazzle) 1″ x 5-3/8″ and run it through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder. Adhere it to the front of the 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ piece of Vanilla Cardstock using Sticky Strip.
- Put a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding (#120999) over the seam where the craft metal meets the cardstock and adhere the edges behind the cardstock piece using Glue Dots.
- Tie a double bow (How To Video is HERE.) and adhere to the card front using Glue Dots. Use Glue Dots to position the “tails” of the ribbon as desired.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday Wishes” from the Simply Stamp Set in Versamark Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Punch the sentiment out using the Decorative Label Punch (#120907).
- Punch out a piece of Gold Craft Metal Sheet using the Decorative Label Punch and cut diagonally. Reassemble it behind the sentiment and adhere to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Embellish the sentiment piece with Pearl Basic Jewels.
- Use the Petite Petals Punch (#133322) to punch out 3 flowers from a Gold Craft Metal Sheet. Gently curve the petals on two of the flowers. Cut one of the petals off of the third flower and pull the petal and secure behind on of the other petals. (See photo below.) Stack the flowers on top of each other and adhere to the front of the card. Embellish the flower with a Pearl Basic Jewel. (You can see a How To Video for a similar flower HERE.)
Don’t you just LOVE these vintage cameras?! I saw them at JBMercantile in the “Flea Market” section! I had to have them as photo props! You’ll be seeing them in the background of my photos but I wanted to put them front and center for a moment because they just make me happy!
Card Concepts/Birthday Card – Classy & Elegant
Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous – Sparkle, Glitz or Glam
Aud Sentiments – Anything Goes + Sentiment
4 Crafty Chicks – No Pattern Paper
Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday – Metal or Faux Metal
Left of Center – Anything Goes
Crafty Hands – Buttons & Bows