It's Monday – my most creative day of the week! I was playing with Craft Metal Sheets and Vellum this morning, combining a couple of challenges. I love the drama of black and gold together and I am a total Bling-A-Potamus so sequins just make me happy! I had to fight the urge not to go overboard with this card. 😉 One of the pitfalls of being a Card Maker is that everyone expects spectacular homemade cards! LOL As a Paper Crafter, that challenges me while I'm trying to create.
- Basic Black Cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
- Gold Foil Sheet
- Black Craft Metal Sheet (Add A Little Dazzle) – run through Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder
- Adhere a strip of Gold Sequin Trim down the side of the Black Craft Metal. Secure in the back using Glue Dots.
- Use the Banner Punch to punch out 5 banners from Gold Foil Designer Series Paper. Put a Glue Dot behind each heart and adhere to the metal.
- Using Sticky Strip, adhere Metal to the Gold Foil Sheet at an angle. Trim off excess.
- Adhere to the card front.
- Using Circle Framelits – Cut a Gold Foil Circle and a Black Craft Metal Circle. Emboss the Black Craft Metal Circle using the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder. Adhere the Black Metal Circle to the Gold Foil Circle and adhere both to the card front.
- Stamp "Happy Birthday" from the Blue Ribbon Stamp Set in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Punch out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch and adhere to the Metal Circle with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere to the inside of the card.
- All Supplies are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted. You can SHOP HERE.
Simon Says Stamp/Translucent
The Card Concept/Birthday Card – Classy & Elegant
Craft Hoarder's Anonymous/Show Some Sparkle, Glitz or Glam
Aud Sentiments/Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks/No Pattern Paper
Crafting by Designs/Anything Goes in March
Dreamweaver Stencils/Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday/Metal or Faux Metal
Left of Center/Anything Goes