Happy New Year! I hope your holidays brought you everything worth having! I can’t think of a better way to start the year than with the first Tag for the 12 Tags of 2015!!! This will be my third year participating and I look forward to it every month! This tag was challenging for me because it used lots of messy techniques and “stuff.” LOL I hope you like it! 😀
I was fully immersed in my creative messiness so I forgot to take pictures of some of the steps. I tried to stay close to the original tag for this version. I have a feeling I’m going to need to make a couple more of these so I’ll post those for you when they’re done. You can always pop on over to my boyfriend, Tim’s website to check out his step-by-step instructions.
- Applied Glue & Seal to the entire tag and then applied TH’s Postale Tissue Paper, crinkling it while the glue was still wet and allowed it to dry.
- I trimmed the Tissue Paper and sanded the edges with a Sanding Grip.
- Applied Distress Paint with my fingers (You know how I love that! LOL) in Evergreen Bough, Broken China and Pumice Stone and spritzed with Water.
- Heat Set it about half-way but left some of the paint wet so it would react with Walnut Stain Distress Spray which I spritzed over the surface of the tag and then spritzed with water and then blotted and heat set again.
- Cut out Alpha Parts – twenty, one and the number 5.
- Covered the number 5 with a thin coat of Glossy Accents and poured Gold Glitter over it and allowed to dry.
- Covered the words twenty and one with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint and partially heat set.
- Used a flour sack towel to rub off a little of the paint to create a distressed look.
- Allowed to dry.
- Applied Chit Chat Stickers on the bottom and top of the tag.
- Covered entire tag with Glue & Seal and allowed to dry.
- Outlined the Chit Chat Stickers with a Black Soot Distress Marker, rubbing the marker onto the sticker while it was still wet.
- Splattered White Picket Fence Distress Paint over the surface of the tag.
- Adhered the Alpha Parts to the tag using Glossy Accents.
- Used the Spritzing Tool and a Gold Krylon Marker to splatter the Tag.
- Added a Mirrored Star to the bottom of the tag and an Arrow Sticker between the twenty and 5.
- Used Tarnished Brass Distress Stain to dye Crinkle Ribbon and pulled through the hole in the tag.
Tim’s 12 Tags of 2015 – January
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge – New To You – (Techniques)