I’m not much of a “Girlie-Girl” so pink is not a color you see me use often. But…pink and black! Now that’s a color combo! I figured I’d go all out with sequins, rhinestones and flowers too!
- The base card is Glossy White Cardstock cut 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ and scored and folded at 4-1/4″
- The next layer is Basic Black Cardstock 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Melon Mambo Patterned Paper 4″ x 5-1/4″ is layered on top of the black.
- Black and White Patterned Paper from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper Pack is cut 2-1/2″ x 3″ and is layered onto a piece of Glossy Cardstock cut 2-5/8″ x 3-1/8″ and adhered to the card front.
- A piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon was stretched across the front of the card and adhered in the back using Glue Dots.
- Two decorative swirl embellishments were added to opposite corners of the card front.
- Stampin’ Write Markers in Basic Black and Melon Mambo were used to color the “Make Today Ridiculously Amazing” Stamp from SU!’s Amazing Birthday Stamp Set. It was stamped onto a piece of Glossy White Cardstock and trimmed down to 1-7/8″ x 2-5/8″. It was then layered onto a 2″ x 2-3/4″ piece of Basic Black Cardstock and adhered to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The paper flower was created by punching 4 pieces of Strawberry Slush Cardstock using the Pansy Punch. (For some strange reason, the Strawberry Slush looked better than the Melon Mambo card stock.)
- All four flowers were run through a Paper Corrugator and layered on top of each other. A Paper Piercer was used to poke a hole through the center and a 1/8″ Silver Brad was inserted to hold them all together. All of the petals were smushed (yes, “smushed”) toward the center and flattened a little.
- A Rhinestone Basic Jewel was added to the center of the flower. It was then attached to the card using Glue Dots.
- The entire card front was adhered to the card base using Score-Tape.
- Avery Elle Sequins were added randomly to the card front using 2-Way Glue.
Craft Hoarder’s Anonymous – Flowers
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner – Photo Challenge (Pink Flower)