I'm so thrilled to be a Guest Designer for Crafting By Designs today! I wanted to make a Masculine Card for you because many of you tell me that you struggle with them sometimes. It's a balance of making them decorative but still masculine. Craft Metal always works especially well for that purpose. The (TH) Compass Set Texture Fade was used with Midnight Madness Craft Metal to create the background and Brushed Bronze Metal was used behind the ledger piece. Burlap and Canvas always give a cool rugged feel to any masculine card.
- Cut a piece of Stampin' Up! Early Espresso Cardstock 4-1/4" x 11". Score and fold at 5-1/2". Distress the edges with a Distress Tool.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 4-1/8" x 5-3/8". Distress the edges and sponge with (SU!) Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Put a piece of Add A Little Dazzle Midnight Blue Craft Metal into the Tim Holtz Compass Set Texture Fade Embossing Folder and run it through the Big Shot. Adhere to the Very Vanilla Distressed piece of cardstock.
- Rub Antique Gold Rubbing Wax over the raised portions of the craft metal. Leave a couple of marks here and there to add to the distressed feel.
- Wrap a piece of Canvas/Burlap Ribbon around the metal and adhere behind the cardstock. Attach the whole piece to the card front.
- Stamp the ledger from (SU!) The Open Sea Stamp Set in Baked Brown Sugar Ink onto a 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Distress the edges and sponge with Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Put a 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of (AALD) Brushed Bronze Craft Metal through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the ledger piece to the Brushed Bronze Craft Metal piece and attach to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Ink the Ship from The Open Sea Stamp Set with Baked Brown Sugar Ink on top and Island Indigo Ink on the Bottom (where the water would be). Emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool. Fussy cut the ship with Scissors and attach to the ledger/metal piece with Stampin' Dimesionals.
- Stamp "Sending Many Thanks" from the (SU!) Petite Pairs Stamp Set in Mdnight Muse Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Banner Cut the edge using a 1" Square Punch or Scissors and attach to a piece of Midnight Blue Craft Metal. Banner Cut the edge of the metal and adhere to the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use (TH) Distress Paints (Rusty Hinge, Evergreen Bough and Mowed Lawn) to distress an Idea-Ology Compass Coin and attach to the Ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 4" x 5-1/4" and attach to the inside of the card.
- Stamp the anchor from The Open Sea Stamp Set in Baked Brown Sugar Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Fussy Cut it and attach to the inside of the card with Multi-purpose Liquid Glue.
Add A Little Dazzle – Dazzling Divas Design Challenge #25 (Inspiration Photo Below)
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – "M" (for Masculine)
Card Mania Challenge – Emboss It (Compass Set TF and Square Lattice EF)
Sparkle & Sprinkle Creative Challenge - Loose Glitter, Embossing Powder or Flock (Embossing Powder)