It's "Metal Wednesday!" Today's Dazzling Diva Design Challenge Photo was "Frames" (See Below). I wasn't quite sure how to interpret it so I created a card with a frame instead of a traditional frame using the Designer Frames Embossing Folder and Craft Metal Sheets from Add A Little Dazzle in Polished Purple and Precious Pearl. I will post a video for the Metal Flowers later in the week. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified when it posts.
- Cut SU! Crumb Cake Cardstock (#120953) at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2".
- Score and Fold at 4 1/4".
- Cut Precious Pearl Metal Craft Sheet from Add A Little Dazzle at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8". Run through Big Shot (#113439) in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (#130917).
- Attach a piece of Crumb Cake Seam Binding (#122322) to the front of the metal, securing in the back using Glue Dots (#103683).
- Adhere the Metal Sheet to the card using Sticky Strip (#104294).
- Tie a Double Bow (See Video HERE) and attach to the top left corner of the card using Glue Dots. Use Glue Dots to position the "tails."
- Cut a piece of Polished Purple Metal Craft Sheet and run it through the Big Shot in the Designer Frames Embossing Folder (#123130). Use Paper Snips (#103579) to carefully cut out the frame. Adhere to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).
- Cut a piece of Precious Pearl Metal Craft Sheet and run through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (#130917). Attach to the center of the frame using Sticky Strip (#104294).
- Stamp "Happy Birthday Wishes" from the Simply Sketched Stamp Set (Wood #129669, Clear #129672) in Early Espresso Ink (#126974) onto Very Vanilla Cardstock (#101650) and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder (#109130) and a Heat Tool (#129053).
- Use the Large Oval Punch (#119855) to punch out the greeting. Attach to the center of the frame.
- Using the attached pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247), border the edge of the oval. (It will take almost two strips of pearls.)
- To create the flowers, punch out four flowers using the Pansy Punch (#130698) and use a thin wooden skewer to roll the edges. Layer on top of each other using Glue Dots. Attach the flowers to the card using Glue Dots.
- Finish the card front by putting a Large Pearl Basic Jewel (#125577) in the lower right corner.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" and adhere to the inside of the card using SNAIL Adhesive (Dispenser #104332, Refill #104331).
Dazzling Diva Design Challenge/#17
Sisterhood of Crafters/Sentiment
The Shabby Tea Room/Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash/Buttons & Bows
Crafting By Design/Use A Ribbon
Aud Sentiments/Anything Goes
Card Mania Challenges/Something New
Inspiration Emporium/Splash of Colorf
Tip Top Tuesday/Metal or Faux Metal
Left of Center/Anything Goes