For today's Metal Madness Card, I wanted to show you how you can use just a few metal scraps to create a card that's unique! I wanted my card to fit two challenges: The "Halloween" Challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Your Next Stamp Challenge for October. I love Card Making but I don't love Halloween so I don't really have many Halloween stamps. I love making pumpkins out of ovals for my Paper Crafting Projects! It's just another reason to love punches! The base card is Garden Green Cardstock with another layer of Garden Green Cardstock that was passed through the Big Shot in the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Behind the layer, I used a square of Champagne Glimmer Paper that was cut using Square Framelits and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and then cut diagonally using Paper Snips. The Circles were cut from Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock using the Circle Framelits and then they were passed through the Big Shot in the Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Folder.
The Metal is Brushed Copper and it was punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch. I put all three of them in the Stripes Textured Impressions Folder and then layered them on top of each other. The stem was cut using the Sizzix Scribbles Swirls Sizzlit which, sadly, is retired…(but, you can use the Sizzlits Little Leaves instead.) The "Happy Halloween" is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and is stamped in Garden Green ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. The banner was cut with the Bitty Banner Framelits and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. Another banner was cut from the Champagne Glimmer Paper and then cut in half so that it would frame the White banner. That is attached using Glue Dots and Stampin' Dimensionals.
The pumpkin is layered onto a piece of Garden Green Cardstock that was passed through the Big Shot in the Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and then layered onto Champagne Glimmer Paper. It's adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Don't forget to embellish the inside of your cards! This is another "squiggle" that was cut with the Scribble Swirls Sizzlit and the Big Shot. It is adhered to the Very Vanilla Cardstock using a 2 Way Glue Pen. All of the products used are Stampin' Up! and can be found in my ONLINE STORE.
- Garden Green Cardstock #1102584
- Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock #131298
- Champagne Glimmer Cardstock #127885
- Whisper White Cardstock #100730
- Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
- Garden Green Ink #126973
- Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set W#128748 C#127802
- Extra Large Oval Punch #119859
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine #113439
- Big Shot Magnetic Platform #130658
- Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #123128
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #119976
- Modern Mosaic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #129984
- Circle Framelits #130911
- Square Framelits #130921
- Bitty Banner Framelits #129267
- Scribbles Swirls Sizzlit (Retired)
- Alternate Option: Sizzlit Little Leaves #114511
- SNAIL Adhesive Refill #104331
- Glue Dots #103683
- Stampin' Dimensionals #104430
- 2 Way Glue Pen #100425
- Stampin' Paper Trimmer #126889
- Bone Folder #102300
- Paper Snips #103579