Mother's Day is right around the corner and who better to create a handmade card for! This Mother's Day Card uses Craft Metal Sheets from Add A Little Dazzle for both the lattice and the flowers. I created a quick VIDEO so you can see how the metal flowers were made. You can check back or Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified when it posts. The inspiration photo for the Dazzling Divas Design Challenge is below.
- The card is Whisper White Cardstock cut 4-1/4" x 8-1/2". Scored and folded at 4-1/4".
- The next layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut 4-1/8" x 5-3/8".
- The Pink Pirouette Cardstock is cut 4" x 5-1/4" and run through the Big Shot in the (SU!) Fancy Fan Embossing Folder. Adhere to the Whisper White layer.
- Wrap a piece of White Satin Ribbon around the card layers and secure in the back with Glue Dots.
- Tie a Double Bow with White Satin Ribbon (See HOW TO VIDEO HERE) and adhere to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Cut a piece of Add A Little Dazzle White Craft Sheet in the SU! Bigz Lattice Die and adhere to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Stamp "Happy Mother's Day" from Teeny Tiny Wishes in Versamark Ink onto Whisper White Cardstock and emboss using Silver Embossing Powder mixed with Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder.
- Cut greeting using Bitty Banner Framelits and the Big Shot.
- Run a 3/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Pink Pirouette Cardstock through the Big Shot in the Fancy Fan Embossing Folder and adhere the greeting to it. Use Paper Snips to cut a banner shape to border the greeting.
- Adhere greeting to the center of the Lattice using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Create 4 flowers using Perfect Peacock Craft Metal (2) and Scarlet Red Craft Metal (2) by punching out 3 pieces for each flower using the Petite Petals die.
- Cut one petal from one of the flowers and apply a Glue Dot to the back of one of the remaining petals. Overlap it onto the adjacent petal. Snip off the cone shape from the bottom and adhere to the next flower using a Glue Dot. Adhere that flower to a third flower using a Glue Dot. Attach a Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the center of each flower.
- Use the Bird Builder Punch to punch out leaves from a Garland Green Craft Metal Sheet and adhere behind the flowers.
- Arrange the flowers and leaves on the front of the card and adhere with Glue Dots.
The photo doesn't do justice to the richness of the metal! This is a great way to use your left-over scraps! You can, of course, use cardstock to create the flowers if you prefer. In fact, you can do most anything with Craft Metal that you can do with paper!
Dazzling Divas Design Challenge – Mother's Day or Anything Goes
Crafting By Design – April Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes
Crafty Girls – Anything Goes
Craft Hoarder's Anonymous – Pick A Stamp, Any Stamp
TTCRD – Anything Goes
Artistic Expressions – Monochrome or Anything Goes
Crazy Challenge – Spring is Here
STAMPlorations – Stamp & Your Favorite Technique (making flowers)
Anything Goes – Girly
Brown Sugar Challenge – Mother's Day
Inspiration Emporium – A Few of My Favorite Things
Crafty Hands – Anything Goes