I send a lot of cards. Mostly, they're "Thinking of You" Cards. I often send them to the same people over and over so I try to make them look different. Today, I wanted to make something non-traditional so I took out black roses and some leftover patterened paper. I think black roses are really elegant when used with traditional black and white/ivory. I added a touch of glitter with my new Stella Pen to make them a little less formal. I told myself over and over: "I will not distress this card, I will not distress this card!" LOL
- Cut a piece of SU! Whisper White Cardstock 4-1/4" x 11". Score and fold at 5-1/2".
- Layer a Basic Black piece of cardstock that is 4" x 5-1/4" onto the front of the card.
- Run a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Cardstock through the Big Shot in the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.
- Spray Goosebumps onto the Crisp Cantalope Layer. Adhere to the front of the card.
- Cut a piece of Basic Black Cardstock to 2-3/4" x 2-3/4". Layer a piece of 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" Patterned Paper on top of the black piece and spray it with Goosebumps.
- Adhere to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment from Perfect Pennants Stamp Set in Black Ink onto a 2" x 3-1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Use the Scallop Edge Tag Punch to create a tag top. Sponge with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink. Tie a 1/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon through the hole in the tag and adhere to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp "Get Well" from the XXXXX Stamp Set in Black Ink onto White Cardstock. Cut around greeting to create a small piece and use a 1" Square Punch to create a banner edge. Adhere to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Adhere three black roses to the tag using Glue Dots. Brush the edges of the roses with a Stella Glitter Pen.
- Adhere a small Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the corner of the tag and a Large Rhinestone Basic Jewel to the corner of the card.
Mojo Monday – #344
Our Creative Corner – Use those leftovers (patterened paper)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday – Anything Goes
Pile It On – Rubber Stamping
Ladybug Crafts – Use Your Favorite Embellishment
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs – Anything Goes