Today’s Dazzling Diva Design Challenge was the Ombre Technique. (See inspiration photo below.) I wanted to use Add A Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets to do the technique. I also like to incorporate several challenges into my cards, if possible. This one qualified for several – Yay! I will be posting a video tutorial tomorrow. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to be notified when it posts. 🙂
- Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock (#102128) at 5″ x 10″.
- Score and fold at 5″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (#101650) at 4-7/8″ x 4-7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock at 2″ x 4-7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Dark Chocolate Craft Metal Sheet at 2″ x 4-7/8″.
- Cut a piece of Precious Pearl Craft Metal Sheet at 2″ x 4-7/8″.
- Emboss each of the three pieces of 2″ x 4-7/8″ using the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (#130917) and the Big Shot (#113439).
- Using Sticky Strip (#104294), attach the three pieces onto the Very Vanilla Cardstock, overlapping them.
- Adhere a piece of Very Vanilla Seam Binding (#120999) to the front of the piece you just created – attaching it behind the cardstock using Glue Dots (#103683).
- Tie a double bow using the Very Vanilla Seam Binding and attach to the card with Glue Dots.
- If desired, “ruffle” the ribbon using Glue Dots.
- Attach the entire card front to the Chocolate Chip Card using Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).
- Stamp “A million & one Thanks” from the Million & One Stamp Set (wood #126375/clear #126377) in Chocolate Chip Ink (#126979) onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder (#109130) and a Heat Tool (#129053).
- Cut out the greeting using the #4 Window Frames Framelit Die (#129021) (numbering from outside to inside).
- Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock using the #4 Window Frame Framelit Die. Cut that piece in half diagonally and reattach it behind the greeting to create a slight border.
- Attach the greeting to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Decorate the corners of the greeting with four of the smallest Pearl Basic Jewels (#119247).
- Add one Large Pearl Basic Jewel (#125577) to the corner of the card.
- Attach a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock to the inside of the card.
All Supplies are Stampin’ Up! unless otherwise noted. The Craft Metal Sheets can be purchased at Add A Little Dazzle.com
Here is the Inspiration Photo for the Dazzling Divas Design Challenge:
Creative Moments/Challenge #37 – Anything Goes/Swirls & Pearls
Avenue 613 – Challenge #61/Use Your Stash
Dazzling Divas Design Challenge #15/Ombre
Penny’s Challenges/#167 Anything but square
Crafting By Designs/March Anything Goes
Left of Center/Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door/Anything Goes