It’s Dazzling Diva Challenge Day! I love playing with Craft Metal. It totally amps up every project you add it to! This is the long awaited SU! Butterflies Thinlits Dies. (They were stuck on the dock on the West Coast for MONTHS!) You can order it HERE.
It’s always a time saver to begin with some of your “stash” items. I keep a glass “jar” on my counter with bits and pieces of items I’ve saved. There were lots of Pink Pirouette paper flower punches and some Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon so I started with those. You can see a How to Make Paper Flowers VIDEO HERE.
The Butterflies Thinlit Die is a fabulous accessory! I was “cheaping out” and using old cutting plates and forgot a shim so the detailed pieces didn’t all pop out. If that happens, you can outline them with a Paper Piercer to easily solve the problem.
- Cut a piece of SU! Pink Pirouette Card Stock 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″. Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock 3-3/4″ x 5″ and run it through the Big Shot in the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder.
- Attach that piece to a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock.
- Add a Very Vanilla 5/8″ Satin Ribbon to the post card and secure it behind with Glue Dots.
- Tie a Double Bow with another piece of Very Vanilla 5/8″ Satin Ribbon (You can see a VIDEO HERE for an easy technique to Tie a Double Bow Using Your Fingers). Attach to the Ribbon with Glue Dots.
- Use the Pansy Punch to punch out Pink Pirouette Card Stock and Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock for the larger flowers. Punch out the same colors of card stock using the Petite Petals Punch for the smaller flowers.
- Use a Bone Folder to “work” the flowers to break down the fibers in the paper and then split apart (Faux Suede Technique). This works because SU! papers are dyed through so the inside of the paper is the same color as the outside. Put the flowers together as shown in THIS VIDEO and attach to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Use the Butterflies Thinlits Die to cut out a piece of AALD Brushed Copper Craft Metal. I love this color! It almost takes on a pinkish tone on this card.
- Run the Craft Metal Butterfly through the Big Shot in an Embossing Folder of your choice. (This is the retired Pretty Print Embossing Folder) and attach to the card with Glue Dots.
- Stamp “Sending Wishes Your Way” in Crisp Cantaloupe Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock and punch out using the Decorative Label Punch. Use the same punch to punch out one Pink Pirouette piece and one Crisp Cantaloupe piece. Cut them on the diagonal and reassemble behind each other to form a bordered sentiment piece. Attach to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Spray the card front with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Shimmer Spray.
- Attach a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock to the inside of the card with SNAIL Adhesive.
We’d love for you to play along with this week’s Dazzling Diva Challenge! The Inspirational Photo is Below.
The Shabby Tea Room – Welcome Spring
Inspiration Emporium – Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner – Colors of Spring
Word Art Wednesday – Anything Goes/Family Friendly
Addicted to Stamps – Anything Goes
Virginia’s View Challenge – #14 Layers and Dimensions
Dazzling Diva Challenge #72 – Inspirational Photo