For today’s post, I’d like to show you the Metal Spotlight Technique. While this Get Well Card shows several different techniques – the Metal Spotlight is definitely the highlight. This is a simple technique where you use Craft Metal to highlight something on your project. Umbrella Man’s umbrella is the perfect prop for this!
- The background of the card was created using Archival Ink, Alcohol, a Brayer and Specialty Stamping Paper. You can see posts with details HERE & HERE.
- Die Cut TH’s Umbrella Man from SU!’s Basic Black Cardstock.
- Stamp the flowers from SU!’s Butterfly Basics Stamp Set onto the postcard background. Create a mask of the flowers.
- Continue to stamp the flowers along the bottom of the postcard masking as necessary.
- Leave the mask in place and stamp the fern from the Butterfly Basics Stamp Set in Fern Green Archival Ink between the flowers and along the side of the postcard.
- Color the flowers by first using the fine tip of Stampin’ Write Markers in a darker color to highlight the hash marks and then finish in the lighter color. The yellow flowers are Crushed Curry and then Daffodil Delight. The blue flowers are Island Indigo and Marina Mist. The leaves are Mossy Meadow and Old Olive.
- The center of the large flower is Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Die Cut the top of Umbrella Man including the umbrella from Black Craft Metal and cut out the umbrella and hat. Attach to the die cut card stock Umbrella Man.
- Die Cut another Black Cardstock Umbrella Man and cut out as shown above. Layer the second Umbrella Man over the first. This will make him appear as if he is holding the umbrella.
- Adhere Umbrella Man to the post card and then attach to a piece of SU!’s Island Indigo Cardstock cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2.” Score and fold at 4-1/4″.
- Stamp “Happy Healing” from SU!’s And Many More Stamp Set onto a scrap of Alcohol/Archival background and banner cut. Attach to card front.
- Attach a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the inside of the card.
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge – #11 April Showers
Inspiration Emporium – Everything Goes
Our Creative Corner – Color Your World With Spring Colors
Card Mania – Flowers
Addicted to Stamps – Anything Goes