Sadly, I had to make a Sympathy Card today. Of course, I want to make a pretty card but I'm always afraid to go overboard. It's a conundrum (The word of the day). I started with Basic Black Cardstock but I didn't want it to be morbid so I embossed the flap with the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and then ran a Silver Encore Ink Pad over the raised portions to soften the look.
- Cut Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/4" x 6-3/4. Score and fold at 5 1/2".
- Run just the little flap through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and then gently rub a Silver Encore Ink Pad over just the raised portions of the cardstock.
- Cut a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Silver Cardstock.
- Emboss a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock with the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder and gently rub a Silver Encore Ink Pad over just the raised portions of the cardstock.
- Adhere the Vanilla Cardstock to the Silver Cardstock.
- Apply Sticky Strip to the back side of the Black flap and center the Silver/Vanilla Piece over the Black card. Do not apply the Sticky Strip across the entire flap – leave about 1/4" on each side as the Silver/Vanilla layer is 1/8" smaller than the flap. Gently close the flap with the Sticky Strip so that it adheres to the Silver/Vanilla piece. This will insure proper placement.
- Cut 2 Designer Series Paper (this is Modern Medley) Strips 1-5/8" x 3-7/8" and layer onto 1-3/4" x 4" pieces of Basic Black Cardstock. Adhere to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Love & Sympathy Stamp Set in Versamark Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and emboss with Black Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Cut out using the second smallest Oval Framelit Die and the Big Shot.
- Cut out a piece of Silver Cardstock using the third smallest Oval Framelit Die and adhere the Vanilla Sentiment piece on top. Attach to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Using strips of attached pearls (Pearl Basic Jewels), adhere around the seam where the Vanilla Cardstock Oval meets the Silver Cardstock.
- Punch out 3 flowers using the Petite Petals Punch and stack on top of each other. Insert a Silver Mini Brad in the center and smoosh the petals up to form a flower. Adhere a Pearl on top of the brad and attach the flower to the bottom of the oval sentiment piece.
- Attach 3 Pearl Basic Jewels to the Black card flap.
- Cut a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock and adhere to the inside of the card.
- Spritz the entire card with Vanilla Smooch Spritz Spray.
- All Supplies are Stampin' Up! and can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE and delivered to your door!
Simon Says Stamp Monday/Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations/Anything Goes
Crafty Girls/Anything Goes
Left of Center/Ribbon and/or Flowers
Little Red Wagon/Bling It Up
Creative Moments/Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts/Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday/Anything Goes