I've never been a "girly-girl" but it always surprises me that browns and tans are my favorite colors. I decorated my entire house in those shades! I find them inviting and soothing. I try to remember to use other colors in my Card Making and Paper Crafting Projects but it is tans and browns that make me the happiest.
I also love animal prints and lions. (I decorated my house in those too! LOL) In fact, I was roaming around my house looking for "props" to put in the photo and I noticed that the background of this card was very similar to the walls in my Living Room (which is my favorite room in the house)! I included a picture to show you. Funny!
- Put a few different Distress Inks and/or Stains onto a Craft Sheet. (I used Gathered Twigs and Brushed Cordury Distress Stains and a Scattered Straw Distress Ink Pad.) Spritz with Water and swipe a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Manila Cardstock through the inks and heat set.
- Drop a few water droplets onto the cardstock and heat set.
- Stamp the Lion from the SU! Zoo Review Stamp Set in Chocolate Chip Ink onto the manila card.
- Ink the edges with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and a Blending Tool.
- Create a 1-7/8" x 3-5/8" Tag in the same manner as the card.
- Stamp the sentiment from TH Life's Possibilities Stamp Set in Versamark Ink onto the Tag and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Apply Frayed Burlap Distress Ink to the edges of the tag with a Blending Tool.
- Cut a piece of Early Espresso Cardstock to 4" x 1-3/4" and punch the top with the Tag Topper Punch.
- Punch the tag with the Tag Topper Punch, layer onto the Early Espresso Tag and embellish the hole with a TH Reinforcer Sticker.
- Ink a couple of Salvage Stickers from the French Industrial Pack with Distress Ink.
- Cut a piece of Burlap and pull a few of the strings out from the edges.
- Cut a 4-1/4" x 11" card from Soft Suede Cardstock. Score and fold at 5-1/2"
- Layer a piece of 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" Early Espresso Cardstock onto the Soft Suede Card.
- Adhere the card front to the card. Attach the Burlap, embellishments and tag.
- Cut a piece of 4" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla Cardstock and sponge with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. Adhere to the inside of the card.
Simon Says Stamp Monday/Anything Goes
Artistic Inspirations/Anything Goes
Crafty Girls/Anything Goes
Creative Moments/Anything Goes
Ladybug Crafts/Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday/Anything Goes
Crafts and Me/Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door/Anything Goes (1)
The Sisterhood of Crafters/Animals
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday/Anything Goes With Buttons