Today's Add A Little Dazzle challenge was "Anything Goes" with Metal so I decided to do a Vintage Bookmark. "My Boyfriend, Tim" was on my mind so, of course, I wanted to distress everything! I love the way the metal looks with the Idea-ology embellishments!
- Start with a piece of Add A Little Dazzle Brushed Bronze Metal 4" x 1-7/8". Use Stampin' Up!'s Scallop Tag Topper (#133324) to punch the top of the tag. Run it through the Big Shot (#113439) using the Dreamweaver's Damask Metal Stencil.
- Rub a Sponge Dauber (#102892)) with Archival Black Ink over the raised edges of the stenciled tag to "age" it.
- Run a 4-1/2" x 2-3/8" piece of Black Diamond Metal from Add A Little Dazzle through the Big Shot in the Beautifully Baroque Embossing Folder (#130917). Round the top corners using a Corner Rounder Punch (#119871).
- Layer the Brushed Bronze Metal tag onto the Black Diamond Metal with Sticky Strip (#104294).
- Choose a few words from Tim Holtz's "Chitchat" and then sponge the edges with Black Ink to "age" them and adhere to the front of the project using Glue Dots (#103683)on the right side of the words and a Tiny Attacher Stapler on the left.
- Attach an Idea-ology Key to the bottom of the tag with Glue Dots and, if desired, put a brad in the center.
- Attach an Idea-ology Key Hole to the center of the Bookmark using Glue Dots and Brads.
- Attach a "Believe" Idea-ology charm to the upper left of the tag using a brad.
- Use a Crop-A-Dile to punch a hole in the tag and then use various cords and ribbon to accent the tag.
- Adhere the entire project to a 2-1/2" x 4-5/8" piece of Stampin' Up!'s Chocolate Chip Cardstock (#102128). Use a Corner Rounder to round the top two corners. Distress the edges of the Chocolate Chip Cardstock using a Distress Tool (#127562).
If you'd like to play along with the Dazzling Diva's Design Challenge, the photo is below: