I try to always approach life from a place of Gratitude. There are days when this is easier than others. Today, is one of those days. My son, Mike, turns 24 today! I am so blessed and grateful for him! Seeing him grow up to be the man I always hoped he would become is one of the greatest joys in my life. (My kids don't like when I "get mushy" so I will leave it at that.) ;-) As a Paper Crafter, it's fun to channel your feelings into your Card Making. I had so much fun creating this card for his birthday! Some find Masculine Cards to be more difficult but I love them! You can get very Vintage and Shabby Chic with them. There are lots of goodies on this one but my favorite part of it is the faux crocodile background. It didn't come out as I had originally planned, but I liked it even better! I'll work on a video for you guys so Subscribe to my You Tube Channel and you'll be notified when it posts. (Full details below) I hope you have the BEST day on Mike's Birthday! 😀
- Cut a piece of SU! Chocolate Chip Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 11"
- Score and fold at 5 1/2".
- Put folded card back onto Score Board and score at 1/2". Seal the inside of the 1/2" fold flap.
- Cut a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock to 4 7/8" x 4 7/8". Cover entire piece with Versamark or Embossing Ink. Sprinkle with Clear Embossing Powder. "Draw" a design using your Bone Folder.
- Emboss with Heat Tool.
- Ink SU! Natural Trim Ribbon with Chocolate Chip Ink and a Blending Tool and wrap around the 1/2" fold flap of the card and secure with Sticky Strip. Insert the edge into an Idea-Ology Buckle and fray the edges of the ribbon a little.
- Cut 2 pieces of Add A Little Dazzle Matte Finish Craft Metal Sheet to 1" x 4 7/8".
- Emboss both pieces using (TH) Airmail Texture Fade and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.
- Adhere one piece to the bottom of the card front using Sticky Strip.
- Distress the edges of the card and the Chocolate Chip Faux Crocodile layer using a Distress tool.
- Attach a Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Compass Coin and Game Spinner to the Faux Crocodile piece with a brad.
- Adhere the Faux Croc piece to the front of the card using Sticky Strip.
- Cut two Gears using Tim Holtz's Gadget Gears Die (YAY! I finally found it! It's been missing for months!) and Chipboard. Ink them with Embossing Ink and cover with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing Powder. Heat Set. Rub to remove the release crystals. Ink tops using Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. Ink sides with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
- Cut the larger gear and adhere to the front of the card with Glue Dots. Adhere the smaller gear on top using Crystal Effects. Adhere a bronze Idea-Ology gear on top using Glue Dots.
- Ink a Sticker from (TH) French Industrial Stickers with Chocolate Chip Ink and a Blending Tool. Attach to the front of the card.
- Attach a piece of Film Strip to the front of the card using Glue Dots.
- Stamp "Wish Big" from the (SU!) Bring on the Cake Stamp Set in Chocolate Chip Ink and "#I love you" from (TH) Hashtag Stamp Set onto a Journaling Tag. Distress the edges and ink with Chocolate Chip Ink and a Blending Tool.
- Ink the goggles sticker and attach to the corner of the Journaling Tag.
- Attach the Journaling Tag to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Pull a piece of Ribbon through a Designer Brushed Bronze Button (SU!) and fray the edges. Attach to card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach a Bronze Corner (TH) to the top of the card.
Don't forget the inside of the card!
- Adhere the 1" x 4 7/8" piece of embossed Craft Metal to the inside of the card using Sticky Strip.
- Cut a 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" piece of SU! Very Vanilla Cardstock. Distress edges with a Distress Tool and ink with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a Blending Tool. Attach to the inside of the card.
- Attach a letter sticker.
- Attach an Idea-Ology Gear to the front of the left-over piece of embossed Gadget Gear using a brad and a Paper Piercing Tool and attach to the bottom of the cardstock with Glue Dots.
- Stamp "Happy Birthday" from the SU! Sassy Salutations Stamp Set in Chocolate Chip Ink onto the inside of the card.
The Male Room/Vintage
A Vintage Journey/Say It With Words
Frilly & Funky/Neglected Dies
The Shabby Tea Room/Anything Goes
Creative Moments/Anything Goes or Steampunk
Crafter's Cafe/Make a Square Card
Crafting By Designs/Use A Ribbon
4 Crafty Chicks/No Patterned Paper
Crafty Hands/Buttons & Bows
Shopping Our Stash/Buttons & Bows
Rhedd & Rosies/Aged and Distressed
The Card Concept/Birthday Card – Shabby Chic & Vintage
Dreamweaver Stencils/Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday/Metal or Faux Metal
Left of Center/Anything Goes
YES! That is a homemade Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting! Thanks for noticing! 😉