This stamp from the "Another Great Year" Stamp Set is perfect for a card front! It takes up enough room that you don't have to do too much else and…Voila!…You have a Birthday Card! The Craft Metal gives a "hard" look in the background which offsets the soft sponging on the greeting. The technique is called "Emboss Resist." I did a quick Video showing how this card was done along with another version of it. Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and you'll be notified when it posts. You can find it HERE.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock (#100730) at 4 1/4" x 11" and score at 5 1/2".
- Cut a piece of Red Craft Metal from Add A Little Dazzle at 4" x 5 1/4" and run through the Big Shot (#113439) in the Perfect Polka Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#117335).
- Stamp "Happy Birthday To You" from the Another Great Year Stamp Set (wood #133038/clear #133041) in Versamark Ink (#102283) onto a 4 1/4" x 3" piece of Whisper White Cardstock and emboss with White Embossing Powder (#109132) and a Heat Tool (#129053).
- Use Daffodil Delight Ink (#126944), Real Red Ink (#126949), Tempting Turquoise Ink (#126952) and Gumball Green Ink (#126861) and Stampin' Sponges (#101610) and rub ink over the stamped image. The image will resist the color. When you have the desired effect, rub the greeting with a tissue to remove any excess ink.
- Layer that piece onto a piece of 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" Whisper White Cardstock. Adhere to the Metal using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430).
- Wrap a 6" piece of White Organza Ribbon (#114319) around the left side of the card front and secure to the back of the Metal using Glue Dots (#103683).
- Adhere the Metal to the card using Sticky Strip (#104294).
- Use 20" of White Organza Ribbon to create a double bow (See a "How To" HERE) and attach to the card front using a Glue Dot.
- Embellish with a Large Rhinestone Jewel (#129324).
This card was created for the Dazzling Diva Design Challenge. Instead of water coloring, I used just the colors for my inspiration. If you'd like to play along, the inspiration photo is below. Don't forget to Watch the VIDEO and Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Thanks!