I’m so excited to be Guest Designing at A Vintage Journey today! I participate in a lot of challenges but they are definitely one of my favorites! They’re a Tim Holtz inspired blog – And you know I love me my Tim! Their designers are incredibly talented and have been a great source of inspiration for me. To be Guest Designing for them is certainly a thrill!
I love Tim and all of his techniques so, of course, I wanted to use every one of them along with all of his products! LOL! I thought long and hard about what I could design that would be worthy of the honor. After many sleepless nights, I remembered the mechanics of a Cascading Mini Photo Album, shown to me by Betty Sacoccia. Once I decided to do my version of it, the project sort of, started to create itself and then it just took on a life of its own!
- Cut two pieces of 8-1/2″ x 11″ card stock in half to 4-1/4″ x 11″. Score alternating colors – 1st page at 8-1/2″, 2nd page at 7-1/2″, 3rd page at 6-1/2″ and the 4th at 5-1/5″.
- Use SU!’s File Folder Framelits to cut tabs in each of the flaps (except the last). Nest them inside each other to create the Cascading Mini Photo Album.
- Use Distress Stains on a Craft Sheet to Distress the Manila card stock.
- Sponge various Distress Inks through Stencils onto all the card stocks pieces.
- Run the Manila card stock front flaps through the Big Shot in Embossing Folders to create texture.
- Gather coordinating Vintage Papers and cut them to size for your flaps.
- Use a Distress Tool on the edges of all your papers and card stocks and ink with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a Blending Tool. Attach to flaps as desired.
- Die cut Grunge Paper with the Scrollwork Die and ink with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
- Age the Scrolls and Idea-ology Elements with Distress Paints.
- Dye Crinkle Ribbon with Distress Stains and tie a Triple Bow using your fingers. (See VIDEO HERE) Attach to top flap.
- Use Photos, Stamps and Ephemera to decorate your pages. (Try not to use anything too bulky.)
- Attach your Charms to a Swivel Clasp and attach to the center page with a Ring Fastener so that they’ll hang from the side of the book.
- Die cut Dark Chocolate Craft Metal using a Tag Framelit and then emboss with an Embossing Folder.
- Apply Antiqued Bronze Distress Paint to some of the raised portions of the tag. Pull dyed Crinkle Ribbon through the hole in the tag. Attach the tag to the page and trim the edges to fit the book.
- Add Remnant Rubs, Film Strip, Mini Corners, Tissue Tape, and Die Cuts to decorate some of the pages to add interest.
- To soften the “grunge,” I added a few pearls that were colored with a Mocha Alcohol Marker.
I hope you enjoyed my project. If you’d like to Subscribe to my Mailing List, CLICK HERE. Thanks so much for visiting today!
Country View Crafts – Anything Goes
Mixed Media World – Any Mixed Media Project
Frilly & Funkie – Bring on the Bling (Pearls)