I created this Baby Card a while ago for a dear friend’s granddaughter. I just cannot get enough of Crinkle Ribbon! It’s so easy to dye and it looks sooooooooo crinkled – I love it. Black is not traditionally a baby color but I wanted to bring out the grungy goodness in the distress.
- To create the background, start with different colors of Distress Stains. Smush them onto a Craft Sheet and swipe Manila Card Stock through them and heat set.
- Sponge additional Distress Ink over the background with a Blending Tool.
- Add Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges of the card stock.
- Repeat for 4- 3/4 x 2-3/4″ piece of Manila Card Stock.
- Stamp “How Wonderful Life is Now You’re in the World” in Black Archival Ink and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool.
- Layer the smaller piece onto Basic Black Card Stock.
- Use Distress Stains to dye Crinkle Ribbon. Crinkle and Heat Set.
- Wrap Ribbon around the pink post card piece and secure behind with Glue Dots.
- Tie a Double Bow using the “How to Tie a Double Bow Using Your Fingers Technique” (See VIDEO HERE.) and attach it to the ribbon using Glue Dots.
- Attach the layered sentiment piece onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Attach an Idea-Ology Word Band to the front of the card using Black Jute String. Secure behind post card with Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Add a Mini Corner to the bottom left and upper right corner of the post card. Attach the post card to a card – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of Basic Black Card Stock scored at 4-1/4″.
- Attach an Idea-ology Charm to the Double Bow using a Jump Ring.
- Attach a Gum Drop to the bottom of the card front.
- Attach an Idea-ology Hinge Clip to the sentiment piece.
- Finish the card by adhering a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White Card Stock to the inside of the card.
You can CLICK HERE to Join My Mailing List. Thanks for stopping by. 😀
Simon Says Stamp – Monday – Challenge of Trios – (3 Colors: Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry)
Simon Says Stamp – Wednesday – Anything Goes