For today's Papercrafting Magazine Mondays Challenge (See photo), I used the color scheme to create a Happy Birthday Card and snuck in the "40" for the Week Forty Inspiration Piece. This was a really simple card with one of my favorite watercolor techniques.
- Cut a card from Gumball Green Cardstock (#126840) that is 5 1/2" x 11". Score at 5 1/2" and fold.
- Take a piece of 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Whisper White Cardstock (#100730) and use Ink Refills and an Aqua Painter (#103954) to watercolor the cardstock by picking up a drop of Ink Refill and just "paint" back and forth across your cardstock. Begin with the lightest color and work toward the darkest. This card uses Daffodil Delight Refill Ink (#115662) , Pumpkin Pie Ink Refill (#105229) and Tangerine Tango Refill Ink (#111841).
- Wrap a piece of White Organza Ribbon (#114319) horizontally and vertically around the watercolored piece and adhere to the Gumball Green card.
- Watercolor a second piece of cardstock and stamp "Happy Birthday to You" from the Another Great Year Stamp Set (#133041) in White Craft Ink (#101731) and emboss using White Embossing Powder (#109132) and a Heat Tool (#129053).
- Hand Cut and adhere to a piece of Gumball Green Cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430). Hand cut a slight border. Adhere to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Create a double bow from the White Organza Ribbon (#114319) and adhere to the ribbon using Glue Dots (#103683).
- Use embosslits to cut the numbers "4" and "0" from Whisper White Cardstock (#100730). Run the numbers through the Big Shot (#113439) using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder (#119976). Adhere to the card front with Glue Dots.
- Spray the entire project with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz (#118712).
- Add a 4" x 5 1/4" piece of White Cardstock to the inside of the card.