Creating Cards for a specific person is always easier for me than when I try to create randomly. Isn't that funny? Parameters seem to reign in the zillions of choices in my craft room. I have a few masculine cards that need to go out so I started with Core-dinations Cardstock. Very cool – especially for vintage! (BTW: Got my vintage camera today!!!!! It's the Miraflex in the background. Another JB Mercantile find! Happy, happy!)
- Base Card is 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" Chocolate Chip Cardstock – scored and folded at 4-1/4". Edges were distressed with a Distress Tool.
- Next layer is 5-3/8" x 4-1/8" Crumb Cake Cardstock. Edges were distressed with a Distress Tool.
- Core-dinations Cardstock was cut at 5-1/4" x 4" and run through the Big Shot in the Houndstooth Embossing Folder and then sanded.
- Ink the "background" stamp fromThe Open Sea Stamp Set (wood #128454/clear #123032) by lightly rubbing a Baked Brown Sugar Ink Pad across the surface (instead of inking the image by tapping onto the stamp pad) and stamp it onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. This will give you a lighter image.
- Tear the edges of the cardstock and sponge with Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Stamp "Thinking of You" from the Sassy Salutations Stamp Set onto the cardstock with Chocolate Chip Ink and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and a Heat Tool. Adhere to the Core-dinations Cardstock using Stampin Dimensionals.
- Adhere a piece of Canvas Ribbon across the front of the card using Sticky Strip.
- Pull out a row or two of the strings on the edges to distress the ribbon.
- Stamp the Ship from the same stamp set and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Cut around the top of the image with Paper Snips asnd tear along the bottom edge.
- Sponge Bermuda Bay Ink on the bottom of the image where the water would be.
- Sponge all around the cardstock with Chocolate Chip Ink.
- Adhere to the front of the card using Sticky Strip for the bottom of the ship – where it will adhere to the Burlap/Canvas Ribbon and 2 Stampin' Dimensionals behind the top of the ship.
- Stamp the Globe onto Very Vanilla Cardstock and use Stampin' Write Markers to color it. I scribbled the markers onto a piece of plastic – Island Indigo, Gumball Green and Baked Brown Sugar - and then used a Blender Pen to pick up the colors and quickly color the image.
- Once the image is colored, cut it out with Circles Collection Framelits and adhere to the front of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the compass in Chocolate Chip Ink onto Very Vanilla Cardstock, emboss with Clear Embossing Powder and punch out using the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.
- Adhere to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finish the card off with a Designer Brushed Bronze Button tied with Linen Thread and adhered using Glue Dots.
- All Supplies are Stampin' Up!
Simon Says Stamp Monday/Anything Goes
Crafting By Design/Anything Goes
Just Add Ink/Layers
Little Red Wagon/Masculine
Crafting Cafe/One For The Boys
Make My Monday/One for the Boys
Cute Card Thursday/For a Guy
All Sorts Challenges/Use No Flowers
4CraftyChicks/Color a Stamped Image
CCEEChallenges/UseThree Different Images
Paper Crafting Magic/Masculine