Today's Challenge was to create something using Vinyl and my Cricut for Scrapbooker PhD. I had a bunch of ideas but I wanted to do a Faux Leather-ish Frame that said "It's All About Family" because, at the end of the day, that's what it's really all about for me.
- I started with a cheap dollar store wooden frame and applied Gesso with a foam brush.
- Next, I painted the frame with TH Antique Linen Crackle Paint and allowed it to dry.
- I used 3 Crafter's Workshop Sencils – Mini Harlequin, Antiquities and Time Travel, and applied Dreamweaver's Crackle Embossing Paste to the frame through the stencils and allowed to dry.
- Once the Embossing Paste was dry, I applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the entire frame over the Embossing Paste.
- Then, I applied SU! Chocolate Chip Ink to the frame and Embossing Paste.
- I cut a piece of Manila Cardstock to 4-1/8" x 6-1/8".
- Applied Distress Stains to a Craft Sheet and spritzed with Water.
- Ran the cardstock through the Distress Stains and dried with a Heat Tool.
- Used a Spritz & Flick Technique to drop water onto the cardstock and heat set.
- Applied Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the cardstock and then inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink and a Blending Tool.
- Cut Brown Matte Vinyl with Cricut and Cursive 101 Cartridge to create "It's all about Family."
- Cut a Window Sheet to fit the size of the frame opening (mine was 4-1/4" 6-1/8").
- Put Window Sheet over Grid Paper and marked where letters should go.
- Applied Letters to Window Sheet.
- Inserted Window Sheet into the opening behind the frame and then put the Background Cardstock behind it. Secured with tabs behind the frame.
Scrapbooker PhD/Anything Goes Vinyl – DT
Simon Says Stamp Monday/Anything Goes
Crafting By Design/Anything Goes
Just Add Ink/Layers
Little Red Wagon/Masculine
Crafting Cafe/One For The Boys
Make My Monday/One for the Boys
Cute Card Thursday/For a Guy
All Sorts Challenges/Use No Flowers
Papertake Weekly – Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Magic – Masculine