The Dazzling Diva Challenge this week is Back to School. This had to be the fastest summer ever! My children are grown now but there were some incredible teachers in their lives. I always tried to let them know I appreciated their efforts. My sister is an extraordinary teacher and she talks about her students all the time! She adores them – (and they’re High School age). When they text her or write her notes telling her how much of a difference she makes in their lives, she feels so rewarded! If you’d like to Thank a Teacher, it’s extra special to hand make a card for them!
The Dark Chocolate Craft Metal does all the heavy lifting in this card. It is matte finish and looks black when paired with Black Cardstock but looks dark brown when paired with Brown Cardstock.
- Base card is Basic Black Cardstock 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ – Scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- The next layer is 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ of Whisper White Cardstock.
- The 4″ x 5-1/4″ Real Red Cardstock was passed through the Big Shot in the Arrows Embossing Folder.
- A piece of Dark Chocolate Craft Metal was cut to 4″ x 3″ and layered onto a piece of 4-1/8″ x 3-1/8″ Whisper White Cardstock.
- The word “Thanks” was cut from a Wondrous White Craft Metal Sheet using the Lawn Fawn Thanks Die and the Big Shot.
- Stickers and Candy Dot Brads were used to embellish the finished card. The apple was covered with Crystal Effects for a little somethin’ extra!
Simon Says Stamp – Back To School
Dazzling Diva Design Challenge – #39 – Back to School (Inspirational Photo Below)