Okay – so I do get obsessed with things – I know it! At the moment, I am obsessed with the fall! The leaves are changing quickly and I am loving every single one of them! I live near a reservoir so I get to pass it every day! As a Card Maker, it's a huge inspiration for creating! Today's card uses a marker technique that Ann Marie Bryant, one of the StampAcademy Designers, recently reminded me of! It's an easy one! Just ink your stamp in a light color ink and then scribble on it with markers – always working light to dark. You get really cool effects. These were left-overs from a Scrapbook Page I designed — You'll be seeing that one soon too!
The base card is Pumpkin Pie Cardstock. All of the patterned paper is Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper. The leaf was cut from Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Autumn Accents Die and the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine. After it was cut, I stamped the maple leaf from the Wonderfall Stamp Set (which coordinates with that die) in Crushed Curry Ink. I scribbled onto it with a Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Marker and a Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker. The edges were sponged with Chocolate Chip Ink and a Stampin' Sponge. The greeting is from the A Round Array Stamp Set. It was stamped onto Very Vanilla Cardstock with Pumpkin Pie Ink and then punched out using the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch. The edges were sponged using Chocolate Chip Ink. It was popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered to a piece of Chocolate Chip Cardstock that was punched with the 1" Circle Punch.
The inside of the card was decorated with the triangle of Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper that was left over after I cut the strip for the center of the card. It is layered onto a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
The leaves in the upper left corner were cut using Paper Snips and have the same technique used for the maple leaf. The two Designer Naturals Buttons were layered on top of each other and tied with Linen Thread. They're adhered to the leaves with Glue Dots. The leaves are attached to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. All supplies are Stampin' Up! (see below) and can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.
- Pumpkin Pie Cardstock #105117
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock #102128
- Very Vanilla Cardstock #101650
- Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper #132184
- Wonderfall Stamp Set W#131949 C#128087
- A Round Array Stamp Set W#129087 C#129090
- Pumpkin Pie Ink#126945
- Crushed Curry Ink #131173
- Chocolate Chip Ink #126979
- Cajun Craze Stampin' Write Marker (Regals Collection-10 Markers) #131262
- Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker #119681
- Stampin' Sponges #101610
- 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch #129404
- 1" Circle Punch #119868
- Baked Brown Sugar 3/8" Ruffle Trim #130022
- Designer Naturals Buttons #127554
- Linen Thread #104199
- Big Shot Die Cutting Machine #113439
- Autumn Accents Bigz Die #127812
- Stampin' Paper Trimmer #126889
- Bone Folder #102300
- SNAIL Adhesive #104332 Refill #104331
- Glue Dots #103683
- Stampin' Dimensionals #104430